Honda CD7052 Spindle rebuild

73mach1429

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I am trying to rebuild spindles on my CD7052 deck mower. All the parts diagrams I can find break down the spindle into parts that do not look like my spindle. The online picture of the complete spindle looks correct but the parts diagram is for a different spindle completely. The parts such as the shaft and bearings in the parts breakdown look like Scag or Ferris spindle parts. I just need to get the correct part numbers for the shaft, bearings and seals. Anyone run into this before? The first picture is the correct complete spindle with the part number listed by Honda as the complete assembly. The second picture is the parts break down of a different spindle, the parts do not interchange.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

• Spindle1.png
    Spindle1.png
    484 KB · Views: 10
  • Spindle2.png
    Spindle2.png
    132.1 KB · Views: 13

Honda Tech

Threads
You're correct. That parts list does not look correct, but it is the Honda CD7052 breakdown. I found a CD7148 that looks more inline with what you have. See attachment.

Attachments

• CD7148.pdf
    226.2 KB · Views: 8

73mach1429

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, that breakdown does look correct but it appears several of those parts are no longer available. The mower is not worth putting $1400 or so into spindles so I am not sure if I will complete this or part it out.

Honda Tech

Threads
That's the unfortunate truth. When something is built to last and won't wear out, the manufacturers just make them obsolete. :(

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd pull the spindle apart, get the old bearing and race out, take it to a local NAPA dealer if one is around. Most bearings are standardized and the actual parts might match up to a standard unit. Still not cheap, those look to be real quality bearings, but sure not even close to $1400.

Got2Fly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I am trying to rebuild spindles on my CD7052 deck mower. All the parts diagrams I can find break down the spindle into parts that do not look like my spindle. The online picture of the complete spindle looks correct but the parts diagram is for a different spindle completely. The parts such as the shaft and bearings in the parts breakdown look like Scag or Ferris spindle parts. I just need to get the correct part numbers for the shaft, bearings and seals. Anyone run into this before? The first picture is the correct complete spindle with the part number listed by Honda as the complete assembly. The second picture is the parts break down of a different spindle, the parts do not interchange.

Thanks,
Don
I'm not sure if you figured this out yet, but the bearings on the CD7148 are Timken L44610 bearings which are a common trailer bearing. I bought new ones on Amazon. Look carefully at the edge of the race or cup and see if you can find the make and number.