Export thread

Honda carb

B

Bacon8r

Hey everyone,
I have a Honda HRR VXA 216. Its awesome and i use it almost every other day. It says on the tag:
Model: HRR2163VXA
serial no.: MZCG - 7408433
Im pretty sure it's a GCV 160. It really needs tis carb replaced/ really cleaned, but I cant seem to be able to find the carb model. And where could I get a carb kit for it? Also it needs a new fuel filter. I know that's it an inline fuel filter, but where could I get that also? Finally when I am mowing I sometimes hear a high pitched screeching noise, almost like when you are working on a wood lathe. It's when I'm mowing grass. What could it be? Is it normal or is it something like a clutch? Btw it's about 11 years old, but has had oil replaced properly, and I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago from a friend who's good with cars, he used it to mow maybe 1/3 acre every 2 weeks. thanks and love this site

reynoldston

reynoldston

Check on the price of a new carburetor before you do too much work on it. I have been seeing on other post on this forum like 16 dollars. Haven't bought one myself but it would,t hurt to check it out?

B

Bacon8r

Yea, I have heard some prices like that for honda engines. My problem is what number is the carb? Thanks

robert@honda

robert@honda

The part number for the carburetor you need is 16100-Z0L-023, and it has a MSRP of only $15.08. Suggest you replace the gaskets (see parts diagram; #11, #12 x 2, #13) at the same time to insure a good seal/no leaks.

You can order one from any Honda Power Equipment dealer; use this link to find one in your area:
Honda Dealer Locator

Caveat: Honda publishes MSRP, but actual selling prices are set by each independently owned dealer.
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

Attachments

I

ILENGINE

part number 16100-Z0L-023 $15.08 for the carb