Honda 2163 TDA; 3 speed selector stuck

Zad16

Forum Newbie
Hi All,
New to owning a honda mower. Just purchased it used and the 3 speed selector on the handlebar is stuck. I thought I would ask here if this is common, any suggestions on a fix (I will try lubing the line this evening) and if there is anything I should know before diving into this.
Thanks,
Zad
 
Hi All,
New to owning a honda mower. Just purchased it used and the 3 speed selector on the handlebar is stuck. I thought I would ask here if this is common, any suggestions on a fix (I will try lubing the line this evening) and if there is anything I should know before diving into this.
Thanks,
Zad

I'd inspect the cable where it attaches to the selector, as well as confirming it actually moving the change arm on the transmission.

hrttrans1of6_zps83e1d597.jpg

hrttrans2of6_zpse124546d.jpg

hrttrans3of6_zps4ab2c585.jpg

hrttrans4of6_zps4b305175.jpg

hrttrans5of6_zps23f69053.jpg

hrttrans6of6_zpsadab06d8.jpg
 
I hate to bump such an old thread, but does anybody have any pictures of how this speed selector cable is properly routed?
I changed it on my HRR2163TDA and I can't get it to change the selector. When I pull the cable a little bit while moving the selector, it'll move it two positions, but that's it. The selector has been cleaned and lubed as well, so I know the problem lies within yhe cable routing/attachment point.
 
Back
Top