Honda 1211 ignition switch

Badgerboats

Forum Newbie
Threads
The connectors have been pulled from the ignition switch and I'm unsure what goes where.

I have three connectors : White, blue/blue and red/brown.

I have looked in vain for a wiring diagram.

The battery is fine and the mower was working fine until recently.

I have put the connectors back on the three terminals which look used (they're shiny) and have managed to hear a slight click as I turn the key, which I hoped was the starter solenoid, but nothing more from the starter.

Is there a fuse somewhere ?

What have I missed ?

Any help gratefully received

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
You need to post model and age of the machine. I can tell you my experience with switches...the contacts will wear over time and then burn. This can prove to be frustrating to trouble shoot with a meter as I have found the worn contacts will open and close on their own with hot and cold when switched into contact positions. This is why on high mileage machines sometimes it is just best to substitute or replace.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section.

Not sure where the wires go but if you accidently sent 12V to the ignition module you have killed it .
Take the blower housing off the motor and see where the wires go
Remove the switch and test it for connections.
The wire that goes to the coil should be connected to nothing with the ignition on and ignition start . It should be ground with the ignition off.
If your switch has a metal body and fits into a metal panel then the body of the switch will be ground and the terminal that is connected to it when turned off is the magneto ( coil ) wire.
The other two terminal should be battery voltage and starter trigger.
One will usuallt come off the big terminal on the solenoid ( battery power ) and the other will go to the small terminal on the solenoid ( trigger ).
The click you heard could very well have been the magneto blowing.

IF the engine turns off with the throttle control then the 3rd wire will go to the carb solenoid if it has one and this will also click ( softly ) when you turn the power on.