Homelite UT 13144 high wheel trimmer needs carb ??

MowerTedII

Threads
  • / Homelite UT 13144 high wheel trimmer needs carb ??
Hi ALL!
I was given a Homelite UT 13144 high wheel trimmer by a buddy of mine. He said it needed a carb rebuild, he thought that the float was getting stuck. Well I'm finding out that parts for this aren't exactly easy to get from the usual mower parts houses. I thought I might just try and track done a whole carb. But I don't know which one it is. I have the maual, it does some part breakdown, it shows the motor as a whole unit. So...what kind and model number carb does this beast need ?
My buddy, by profession is a mechanic, just doesn't have time to fool with it.
THANKS, Ted

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We need the modle number off the motor.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
We need the modle number off the motor.

MowerTedII

Threads
Hi.
I don't have the motor number, because I couldn't find it. I have NOT torn anything of this high wheeled field mower. This is the info I do have and just got from Homelite ! The model # is UT13144, serial number is BLL0660421, it was built back in 2008. I was told by the person on the phone that Pramac really built this ! I was told the carb part # is A100671 and it's obsolete! I looked around to the various mower parts outlet, they list the # all saying discontinued !! SO...know what do I do ? IS there a carb out there that IS similar ?
HELP!!????? Ted

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I personally would try cleaning the carb and if that did not work start thinking about either putting a different engine on it or scrapping it. Lots of used working mowers with good engines for $100 or less on craigslist.

Streamlight

Threads
Hi.
I don't have the motor number, because I couldn't find it. I have NOT torn anything of this high wheeled field mower. This is the info I do have and just got from Homelite ! The model # is UT13144, serial number is BLL0660421, it was built back in 2008. I was told by the person on the phone that Pramac really built this ! I was told the carb part # is A100671 and it's obsolete! I looked around to the various mower parts outlet, they list the # all saying discontinued !! SO...know what do I do ? IS there a carb out there that IS similar ?
HELP!!????? Ted

Looks like the Southland High Wheel Field Trimmer is the same or similar as your Homelite UT13144. M &D mower sells a carburetor #SL-A100671 which will fit the Homelite, according to there web site it's 59.00.

http://southlandpowerequipment.com/pdfs/IPB_FieldTrimmer_S-WFT-16022-E_20080529.pdf

M&D Mower -- Search results

MowerTedII

Threads
Hi ALL!
Well I played with the beast and got it to start and run sort of ! After I got it to run I was able to engage the trimmer head and it works. THE problem is that the governor arm constantly goes back and forth in a rhythmic fashion. it doesn't ever go away even when warmed up ! SO...what's the problem with this beast ??
HELP !!
THANKS, Ted

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Engine hunting and surging at idle is usually caused by a fuel delivery, air leak, or governor system problem. Cleaning/overhauling the carburetor, adjustment of the governor, and/or changing the air filer may be required.

MowerTedII

Threads
I got the Wisdom Carb off and cleaned it. It didn't look too bad, no gunk etc.. Put it back together and after starting the surge came back. Then I played with the governor spring location, doesn't make a difference ! Any ideas ??
HELP ! Ted

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads