Homelite UT 13144 high wheel trimmer needs carb ??

MowerTedII

Threads
Hi ALL!
I was given a Homelite UT 13144 high wheel trimmer by a buddy of mine. He said it needed a carb rebuild, he thought that the float was getting stuck. Well I'm finding out that parts for this aren't exactly easy to get from the usual mower parts houses. I thought I might just try and track done a whole carb. But I don't know which one it is. I have the maual, it does some part breakdown, it shows the motor as a whole unit. So...what kind and model number carb does this beast need ?
My buddy, by profession is a mechanic, just doesn't have time to fool with it.
THANKS, Ted

MowerTedII

Threads
Hi.
I don't have the motor number, because I couldn't find it. I have NOT torn anything of this high wheeled field mower. This is the info I do have and just got from Homelite ! The model # is UT13144, serial number is BLL0660421, it was built back in 2008. I was told by the person on the phone that Pramac really built this ! I was told the carb part # is A100671 and it's obsolete! I looked around to the various mower parts outlet, they list the # all saying discontinued !! SO...know what do I do ? IS there a carb out there that IS similar ?
HELP!!????? Ted

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I personally would try cleaning the carb and if that did not work start thinking about either putting a different engine on it or scrapping it. Lots of used working mowers with good engines for $100 or less on craigslist.

Streamlight

Threads
Hi.
I don't have the motor number, because I couldn't find it. I have NOT torn anything of this high wheeled field mower. This is the info I do have and just got from Homelite ! The model # is UT13144, serial number is BLL0660421, it was built back in 2008. I was told by the person on the phone that Pramac really built this ! I was told the carb part # is A100671 and it's obsolete! I looked around to the various mower parts outlet, they list the # all saying discontinued !! SO...know what do I do ? IS there a carb out there that IS similar ?
HELP!!????? Ted

Looks like the Southland High Wheel Field Trimmer is the same or similar as your Homelite UT13144. M &D mower sells a carburetor #SL-A100671 which will fit the Homelite, according to there web site it's 59.00.

http://southlandpowerequipment.com/pdfs/IPB_FieldTrimmer_S-WFT-16022-E_20080529.pdf

M&D Mower -- Search results

MowerTedII

Threads
Hi ALL!
Well I played with the beast and got it to start and run sort of ! After I got it to run I was able to engage the trimmer head and it works. THE problem is that the governor arm constantly goes back and forth in a rhythmic fashion. it doesn't ever go away even when warmed up ! SO...what's the problem with this beast ??
HELP !!
THANKS, Ted

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Engine hunting and surging at idle is usually caused by a fuel delivery, air leak, or governor system problem. Cleaning/overhauling the carburetor, adjustment of the governor, and/or changing the air filer may be required.

MowerTedII

Threads
I got the Wisdom Carb off and cleaned it. It didn't look too bad, no gunk etc.. Put it back together and after starting the surge came back. Then I played with the governor spring location, doesn't make a difference ! Any ideas ??
HELP ! Ted