Home made heavy weed/brush cutter

turbofiat124

Threads
Nice simulated flame paint job on the front end! Not being sarcastic or anything.

Pumper54

Threads
turbofiat124

LMAO I never thought about doing a flame job, I was just using up some rattle cans I had laying around. Color scheme is based on the color of fire hoses used in the fire department I was with, Green at the truck to white to yellow to red at the nozzle end, that way you could tell about where you were by the color of the hose. Red being the really dangerous part. But now that you say that it does look a bit like a flame job.
Tom

turbofiat124

Threads
You may have read where I welded the axle to the deck on my yardman to save $70 from buying that plastic support piece. I did not have any green paint and was too cheap to pay $4.00 for a can of it at Wal-Mart. So I used some black spray paint to keep it from rusting. I think I'm going to do a red, orange and yellow flame job on the front of my Yardman for kicks.

IMG_20160526_124630847_zpspl1hywos.jpg

turbofiat124

Threads
While working on some of my other mowers I decided to paint some flames on my old Yardman mower. I used some red, yellow and orange spray paint. The front end flames did not turn out as well as I had hoped but the only other thing I have ever painted flames on was the factory air cleaner box on my Fiat 124 Spider before I turbocharged it.

Just like anything it takes practice.

IMG_20160628_180525112_zpstbewfada.jpg

IMG_20160628_180532406_zpsupdybxtl.jpg

I think the side flames I think turned out better:

IMG_20160628_180542877_zps0k3yx5hq.jpg

I've seen some "flame jobs" where the tips are red and some are yellow. So I guess it doesn't really matter.

I suppose if I used my hobby air brush instead of cans of spray paint would produce a better result.

Pumper54

Threads
Not a bad job for using rattle cans. Far better then anything I could do.
Tom

Pumper54

Threads
Had to do an engine swap on my brush mower due to an oil leak under the engine. I screwed up when making the video when I reset the camera and it did not record the actual work to remove and replace the engine(s). That operation went remarkably well, undo 4 bolts on the old mower, 3 bolts on the new engine, swap engine and run up 3 bolts. And it runs! LOL Hope you can enjoy the video.

Tom

RjMaan

Threads
Hey all, before anyone says it Yes I know it is dangerous but I am the only one around when it gets used and I know I am not getting in front of it while it is running. Got the mower for $20s and found out that it ran. :smile: Then I cut the front up a bit so that the blade could meet the heavy weeds and brush first before the deck pushed them over. So far I have used it to trim down a bunch of over grown weeds and heavy grass on my farm. The area I used it is too rough and step for the rider to get into so I built this. Added the extra paint as additional warning incase someone else was near by but I keep a sharp eye out when I am using it. It has cut down 1 to 1 1/2 inch diameter saplings and thick stalked bull nettles. Needs a bit more work on the carb but I am happy with it.
View attachment 23142 View attachment 23143

Tom

Well, that's impressive. I am surprised by your quality work.

Pumper54

Threads
Well, that's impressive. I am surprised by your quality work.

Thanks, and it is fun tearing up stuff with it. 5-7 foot tall weeds and grasses that are out of control and have not been mowed in years.
Tom