HM 80 No Spark

Mattmotors

Threads
Tecumseh HM80 155128C Serial 62160
coil 30560a points 30547a condenser 30548b
My ariens has a no spark situation. So after 47 years I decided to replace the coil, points and condenser. The new points and condenser are OEM. The coil is an Oregon. Put it back together, still no spark. The way I did the final test was the following:
The only wires on the points stud was the coil wire and condenser wire. (no safety switch wire at this time.)
Other coil wire is connected at the condenser mounting bolt .
Both magnets on the fly wheel are strong. (screw driver test)
mounted fly wheel and hit the electric starter. No spark.
When I removed the mag plate, I marked it so it went back in the same position.
I Have a Stevens tester for outboards. The condenser is perfect, The points are less than 1 ohm and the points stud is not grounded. Points are set at .020 on the high side.
Both the old and new coil test very similar electrically with an ohm meter.
No wires are pinched.
I'm stumped. Is there a new OEM part number for the coil?
Please share your thoughts. I'm going back to the pole barn to have a stare down match. Thanks , Matt.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
pn 30560A is the current pn.

Mattmotors

Threads
I think I found my problem. I just need some confirmation and how to fix it. when I test for spark with a neon tester, it flashes like crazy. When I do the spark plug test....nothing. Then , I had a good look at my fly wheel. Magnets. Look at the 2 flywheels. Mine and one for sale on ebay. Ebay is the first one. It looks like one of my magnets came loose and attached it self to the other one. It makes sense to me why I lost the spark.I thought they were suppose to be like that. When there is a no spark situation, the last place I would think to look is the fly wheel. What should I use to re attach the magnet.Thanks , Matt.s-l1600.jpegIMG_4784.jpeg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some people try reattaching the magnets, but I’ve never had any luck doing so. It’s up to you if you want to try.