Hit Stump - Big Problem

hayesb2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tuned up the tractor, started up for the 1st time this spring and it was running great... Within the first 30 minutes I hit a stump head on, I hit it so hard it jolted me forward and ended up sraping my knees up on the tractor but more importantly it instantly shut off the tractor. Upon closer inspection, I wasn't even able to pull the key back out of the ignition, it literally BENT the key and ignition. Even worse, the tractor will no longer go forward or backwards!! I can start the tractor up and it will run but it will not move anywhere.

What could have possibly happened??? This tractor is about 4 yrs old and has never had a problem until now...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have you looked to see if a belt came off.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))

hayesb2

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, where would I check for that? I only know how to do basics like replace sparkplugs, oil/air/fuel filter, etc. beyond that I'm clueless about where to even start to fix something like this but am certainly capable if given some general direction.
So specifically where would I look for this belt? And once I find it, if its off, how easy is it to put back on? Do I need a special tool or anything?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The belt will sit high above the deck, between the frame rails. There is no special tools to reinstall the belt if it came off, but may be easier to do if the deck is removed first.