High-low Adjustment screws aren't screws...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
There is no need to hack currently available OEM parts. But most customers that have NLA items are usually too cheap to even pay the repair bill which includes necessary mods.

I got one right now that bitches like crazy about how much I charging for fixing an UTV (side by side) that someone else did one heck of hack job on. He complained so much that I put in Bar's Leak to try to stop a water pump leak. He thinks I should fix just for the parts and charge no labor. I even tried to let his son fix the brakes but he refused to do it so I had to charge $190 to fix the rear brakes.

Maybe that because a company he works for don't collect sales tax on cash sales nor report the sales. They also not collecting and paying employment taxes on their employees. I hope everyday they get busted for this as I do collect and pay the taxes myself.

BTW it is called Procurement when you know what the manufacture direct part numbers are and buy from the distributor of that part. I don't see the need to pay JD prices on Kawasaki parts when I can get the same parts from my Kawasaki distributors. This what I do for my customers with several different OEMs. Another example is the Husqvarna made Snapper mowers where Briggs wants nearly double for the same parts. This is why my accounting has a lot crossed parts (alternates) on many part SKU numbers here. It is the same on the UTV I just repaired. The UTV distributor want more for the parts than my regular Kawasaki engine parts distributor.

Even when I mod the JD ZTR interlocks I leave them where they are easily restored to the original setup if ever needed.

Last edited: