Blades High Lift blade for 21 inch HONDAS push or self propelled mowers

ammodave

Threads
Interesting; bolt on airfoils. I wonder if this would work on a Honda? Any problems drilling the holes or balancing the blade?

slomo

Threads
Interesting; bolt on airfoils. I wonder if this would work on a Honda? Any problems drilling the holes or balancing the blade?
For a Snapper mower, no. Those are factory blades. This is what sets Snapper apart from every other mower out there. I have found no other to even come close to bagging like a Snapper does. It will use about 50% more fuel if you keep the revs up high. Larger rider type engines are hit harder and drink more fuel. Can't speak about modding this Snapper blade and installing on another mower.

slomo

evanson86

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I went ahead and ordered the Oregon 92-101 blade and the 92-102 (HRC top blade) for my HRX217HXA. the 92-102 HRC top bale will not work. Also, the OE HRX top blade will not work with the 92-101. trying to use both blades pushes the blade below the deck. So, the 92-101 should only be used by itself.

After slight trimming of length, a razor sharpening and balance, the 92-101 blade works great. I have only been able to use the 92-101 one time. I have a cool season grass blend of TTTF, RG, KGB. HOC was set to 3.5", mow every 3rd day religiously. with 14k Sq.Ft. lawn I have adjusted the Governor to spin the engine at 3300/3400RPM's with the blade spinning. Engine turning near/just over 4K with no load. at lower RPM's, 2500-ish, I can hear a very defined whoosh sound coming from the mower, this made my ears happy. with mower at 3300RPM, clip director set all the way to mulch was my preferred way. even with clip director set 1 notch from full mulch, it left a very noticeable trail of cut grass left on the top. HOC @ 3.5" cutting wheel to wheel, no overlap, there is still not enough suction to suck up grass the front wheels have driven over for my preferred look. at 3.5". the 92-101 far exceeds the OE Honda blades but, 1 wheel width over lap cut damn nice compared to OE Honda blades.

I am going to lower my HOC to 3" and see how this blade does at that height. I'll probably play with the engine RPM at some point just because.... hopes this helps somebody..

slomo

Threads
Not much of a lift to that blade. Course I'm coming from the Snapper world where hi lift blades are the norm. Maybe it's the picture of that blade?

slomo

slomo

Threads
If you can drill it proper, I see no reason why not. Make sure you have deck clearance for the air lift kit once bolted on.

IF you could get it to work, I think you will find the engine will not have the nutz to turn that Snapper like blade. Honda engines are not known for class leading torque. Once you run into some tall grass, that engine will fall on its face quickly. Like I mentioned, running a Snapper blade like that puts a good load on the engine. Let us know how it works out for you sir.

slomo

Westman

Threads
To the folks running the 92-101 blade on the HRX; are you also running the 92-102 as the top blade? 92-102 is Oregon's factory replacement top blade on the HRC. Think an HRC top blade would even fit and work on an HRX.... are you guys running the original HRX top blade? Or, are you only running the 92-101 blade and not using a top blade?

I am about to sell this HRX and get a Time Master. cut quality at 4" on cool season TTTF, TRG, and KGB is driving me mad.

Thanks guys,
I just picked up the Oregon 92-101 blade for my HRR2168VKA. The blade bolted on without any need for modification. I removed the twin Honda stock blades, running the Oregon only. It's been raining here today so I can't comment on cut quality yet, but the suction and air movement into the rear bag is noticeably improved. I rear bag almost all the time, so improved vacuum and suction would be great. The Oregon blade is much more robust than the stock Honda blade (bottom). I'll report back when I can test it out once the weather improves.

slomo

Threads
Only running one blade, how is the cut height now? Is it cutting taller with one blade? Your blade edge is now higher in the deck. Might need to space the blade down to match the OEM dual blade setup.

slomo

Westman

Threads
Only running one blade, how is the cut height now? Is it cutting taller with one blade? Your blade edge is now higher in the deck. Might need to space the blade down to match the OEM dual blade setup.

slomo
I cut the lawn today for the first time with the Oregon 92-101 blade. As you mentioned, I needed to adjust the blade cut height down. I lowered the rear wheels by one notch on the adjusting bar to compensate. The new blade cuts evenly and provides more upward suction than the Honda OEM blade(s). Significantly more. This is what I was looking for. The rear bag seems to be more full with the increased air velocity. The grass that was pushed down by the wheels is raised. No "wheel stripes". In the fall, I'll re-install the Honda twin blades when the leaves here start to fall so that they are chopped a little finer when being bagged. The Oregon blade seems to be what I was looking for. I'll probably buy another ($20) Amazon so that I can rotate them, keeping them sharp. Thumbs up for the Oregon 92-101!

slomo

Threads
I cut the lawn today for the first time with the Oregon 92-101 blade. As you mentioned, I needed to adjust the blade cut height down. I lowered the rear wheels by one notch on the adjusting bar to compensate. The new blade cuts evenly and provides more upward suction than the Honda OEM blade(s). Significantly more. This is what I was looking for. The rear bag seems to be more full with the increased air velocity. The grass that was pushed down by the wheels is raised. No "wheel stripes". In the fall, I'll re-install the Honda twin blades when the leaves here start to fall so that they are chopped a little finer when being bagged. The Oregon blade seems to be what I was looking for. I'll probably buy another ($20) Amazon so that I can rotate them, keeping them sharp. Thumbs up for the Oregon 92-101!
Put the original twin blades back on. Measure from the lower blade cutting edge to the lower deck lip. Call it half an inch gap there. Then install the Oregon, measure again. You might need to space the Oregon blade away from the engine or down closer to the ground. That way you won't have to cheat the cutting height adjustment to get a proper cut. Might cut and bag better too. Give more air space above the blade to rechop cuttings ect......

slomo