Hibernation is about over.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now PT you do know you just rent beer like I rent tea.

And for the weather I now call it yo-yo weather as it is constantly going up and down. I got to where I can't what season it is nor can my plants. I had an apple tree blooming in January.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hammer I figured it was good to go on diet but all I manage to do was to hold my own until just lately.

Probably going not to raise my labor rates this year except the welding rate as I did that last year but will charging for the fuel used. Part prices are going up enough as it is to hurt things. My welding rate includes electricity and supplies and they are going up.

Depending on where you are electrical and plumbing can't be done by the home owner. One city in Alabama even had bill board warning owners that couldn't change out a water faucet; unless, it was done by a licensed plumber. What a crock.
Here homeowners can do their own work if they live in the house. Rentals are another issue. I have been doing handyman work for over 20 years. Things like toilets and faucets can be replaced by non plumbers. Residential electrical is fairly easy IF you keep up on NEC codes and common sense. I have seen some homeowner electrical that gave a new meaning to stupid. I don't have time any more to do handyman work for folks. I have a select few older ladies who have lost their husbands i will do work for. I did a lot of plumbung and electrical, door replacements and finish carpentry, appliance repair etc. I believe there should be a test before you are allowed to shop in the electrical or plumbing aisles at a box store.
What makes me laugh is 99% of most residential light plumbing and electrical around here is done by the unlicensed helper and not a guy with the actual license.

BTBO

Threads
When winter came this year, I turn into a lazy bum. I crawled out of my cave today with a list of things I was going to get done this week. Opened the door and the cold wind blew me right back into my lazy chair. LOL. Taking a glance at the weather, looks like the temps are going to be in the 30's later this week. So there's another week to get ready to come out of hibernation.

Honestly, I've been taking it easy, doing back exercises, and I think it's a lot better. I've been rolling by spine on a basketball a few times a day. So far so good.

BTW, I got a new desktop and can't remember my password. I finally dug the laptop out that has my passwords stored.

How every doing? Are you ready for spring?
Just changed the oil in the TroyBilt pusher w/Honda engine and the Scag Liberty Z 48 with Kawasaki engine using Mobil 1 in both along with Lucas oil stabilizer. Got 10 gallons of ethanol free fuel and added Seafoam, Yamaha Ring Free+ and Stabil. Grass isn't quite ready to be cut yet, but it's just a matter of time.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert you probably lose the weight it you go my current BP plan. Doctor change my meds and my BP shot up to over 200/110. I currently only consuming 2 coffee cups of water and one small meal per day. I have already lost over 8 lbs in less than a week which what it shot up within two week on the new meds. That means I have dropped from over 258 to 245 already. Consuming less than 500 calories per day now. I got to admit I tried eating the table leg a couple days as they looked so good.

The doctor is refusing to put me back on the meds that worked. I reckon I got to find a new doctor now. At least the BP is now running around 145/95. Still higher than it should be but much better as the headaches are gone again.

I'm down to just one meal a day, myself. Then usually a snack at bedtime. And it's not trying to lose weight. I'm just not as hungry these days. Seems like though, even without being hungry, I'm not losing weight. My metabolism seems to be non existent.
Maybe that'll all change when I start getting more active.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I guess most of us old guys a fighting the BP battle. I am still fighting the COVID 19. Not the virus but the 19 pounds gained over the last couple years. Luckily i am staying caught up on equipment. Stens is back to 2 day delivery and not had too many backorders. Got a car hauler trailer coming in next week and going to do a complete LED light upgrade and replace all wiring and service wheel bearings and brakes and some welding. Should make some good money on that one. Bad thing is i have to put off customers of my other business to get mowers done. Plus starting a kitchen remodel at my sons house. Building new cabinets for it now. Looks like electeical and plumbing gonna be a pain. Have any of you guys raised your shop rate this year? With the price of gas and everything else going up i am considering it.
I am trying to finish up a UTV for a customer with some weird head bolt torque specs:
Step 1 Torque to 15 lb/ft
Step 2 Torque to 40 lb/ft
Step 3 loosen all the bolts
Step 4 Tighten to 18 lb/ft
Step 5 Tighten to 26 lb/ft
Step 7 turn 180 degrees
Step 8 turn 180 degrees.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Which OEM is this UTV? I have lucky so far just mainly CV boots, wheel bearings, carb work. Still learning ATV/UTV line at least I have local retire tech that works on them to call on for help or info. We both are still learning new things too.

albanian

Forum Newbie
Threads
When winter came this year, I turn into a lazy bum. I crawled out of my cave today with a list of things I was going to get done this week. Opened the door and the cold wind blew me right back into my lazy chair. LOL. Taking a glance at the weather, looks like the temps are going to be in the 30's later this week. So there's another week to get ready to come out of hibernation.

Honestly, I've been taking it easy, doing back exercises, and I think it's a lot better. I've been rolling by spine on a basketball a few times a day. So far so good.

BTW, I got a new desktop and can't remember my password. I finally dug the laptop out that has my passwords stored.

How every doing? Are you ready for spring?
Still cold then hot then cold here in Louisiana. Got out my old 20 year old Craftsman tiller that hasn't run in over 2 years. Cleaned the gas tank and rebilt the carberator and it works like a top. Be mowing I guess by the end of the month. But won't mow nearly as much this year due to gas prices.

Ida-Boy

Threads
This morning's BP was 156/95 which still high but better than 225/115. The previous meds had it around 130/90. At least I not hearing the blood rushing through the blood vessels in my ears as it did when was having BP induced strokes.
I am retired now but when I was driving truck for a living I remember being concerned about hearing my blood being pumped by my heart when I would pull into a stop and crawl out of the truck. Told doctor about it and it was shrugged off.
My blood pressure was never as high as yours and I must give you a high five on loosing the weight. I am trying also but fail in the winter months because of low activity.

Fox12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bert you probably lose the weight it you go my current BP plan. Doctor change my meds and my BP shot up to over 200/110. I currently only consuming 2 coffee cups of water and one small meal per day. I have already lost over 8 lbs in less than a week which what it shot up within two week on the new meds. That means I have dropped from over 258 to 245 already. Consuming less than 500 calories per day now. I got to admit I tried eating the table leg a couple days as they looked so good.

The doctor is refusing to put me back on the meds that worked. I reckon I got to find a new doctor now. At least the BP is now running around 145/95. Still higher than it should be but much better as the headaches are gone again.
Wow on the BP. I am 78 and have a resting pulse of around 50 with an early morning BP of around 125/65 and take one med to curtail irregular heartbeats involving premature atrial contractions. I guess that running four miles each second day was not a bad idea.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I am trying to finish up a UTV for a customer with some weird head bolt torque specs:
Step 1 Torque to 15 lb/ft
Step 2 Torque to 40 lb/ft
Step 3 loosen all the bolts
Step 4 Tighten to 18 lb/ft
Step 5 Tighten to 26 lb/ft
Step 7 turn 180 degrees
Step 8 turn 180 degrees.
I have seen one sort of like that but not that complicated. Kinda like the poor man's torque angle adjustment without a torque angle tool.