Hibernation is about over.

Lawn Addict
Threads
. They are forecasting 3-5 inches of snow and temps down in the teen for the weekend. I try to get several things done Friday before it hits.
Same weather predictions for me here.. & got my Friday stuff done in preparation. I just mowed last week & now snow.. LOL

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Glad winter is over and spring is here LOL. Woke up this morning to 5 to 6 inches of snow and the temps in the low 20's. Love this Tn. weather.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah, couple inches of snow and 20 degrees this moening and supposed to be 70 by the middle of the week. Welcome to spring.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well the depth depends where you check my porch had about 4 inches, road clear of snow but has a sheet of ice. The temp is about 17F currently with the wind blowing. There goes my peaches and plums for this year again.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea, woke to bout 3 inches of the evil white stuff.. And said to drop to 15* overnight..

Lawn Addict
Threads
And happy to report the white stuff has gone...

deck~dragger

Threads
Gusty winds here, happens every year, three days/nights of it this go around. I never had to start mowing until April until the last 6-7 years, needed to start in March. Winters used to be longer and a lot more snow, but I am not complaining a bit, I like the milder weather.

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was gusty here as well earlier today. I have mowed twice already, & my log shows last year I mowed in March, but in late March..

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
A fun afternoon today. I spent hours hiving a swarm of honey bees. It first time I worked a swarm without my suit or gloves; I could find my suit or gloves until afterwards. Only got a couple stings. Now I can be called a sore head as one got me in the top of my head. Well I shouldn't got that haircut last week. Now just if they will stay put would be nice.

Boy it is early for them to be swarming as it is usually May around here when they start swarming.

Boy I couldn't get the neighbor to understand to get inside as they were straight for him. His brain must have been out to lunch.:LOL: But he made a run it when they got around him.