Help with 'Lazerus' my Honda H4518H Lawn Tractor

Excalibur

Forum Newbie
Threads
:tractor::tractor:Aloha from Kauai,
Well I finally find a place where I can share some of my confusion! Anyway here it goes..... Just decided to uncover my Honda H4518H Lawn Tractor which has been sitting for about 3 years. Borrowed a battery and it actually fired up! I remember the 42" deck belt was broken and the guy that used to help me told me these belts are absolete and advised me to get a new mower..... Now my brother-in-law says we should try to repair it. First I need to ask about getting a repair manual. I have the owner's manual but if anyone has a repair manual PDF file on this mower I would appreciate getting a copy. Next, cutting deck S/N RZBB-1000368A (42") belt size replacement..... Anyone know how to cross-reference? I've removed what was left of the broken belt and tried to engage the PTO lever but as I do the engine stops. Is there a possible clutch problem? That's about it for right now & I'll take some pics tommorrow & post them..... Anyone got any ideas or answers I would really appreciate it.........I'm tired of using my 24" mower to clean over an acre !!!

Thanks & Aloha, Nick

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
:tractor::tractor:Aloha from Kauai,
Well I finally find a place where I can share some of my confusion! Anyway here it goes..... Just decided to uncover my Honda H4518H Lawn Tractor which has been sitting for about 3 years. Borrowed a battery and it actually fired up! I remember the 42" deck belt was broken and the guy that used to help me told me these belts are absolete and advised me to get a new mower..... Now my brother-in-law says we should try to repair it. First I need to ask about getting a repair manual. I have the owner's manual but if anyone has a repair manual PDF file on this mower I would appreciate getting a copy. Next, cutting deck S/N RZBB-1000368A (42") belt size replacement..... Anyone know how to cross-reference? I've removed what was left of the broken belt and tried to engage the PTO lever but as I do the engine stops. Is there a possible clutch problem? That's about it for right now & I'll take some pics tommorrow & post them..... Anyone got any ideas or answers I would really appreciate it.........I'm tired of using my 24" mower to clean over an acre !!!

Thanks & Aloha, Nick

Honda offers printed paper copies of the complete shop manual for this tractor via their eBay store; here's a direct link to the one you need. Note when you buy from Honda direct, your purchase includes any/all updates to that manual for three years ($45.00 includes free shipping):

Honda H4518H Shop Manual, Genuine Factory Manual

There are a number of interlock/safety circuits on nearly all riding equipment sold in the USA. For example, most engines won't start (or will shut down if running) if the operator lifts up out of the before setting the parking brake. Another instance is if the PTO is OFF, and the engine is running, parking brake set ON, and nobody in the seat. Move the PTO to ON, and the engine will shut down. From what you describe, maybe the switch(es) are or are not working correctly. A good start (pardon the pun) might be to review the owner's manual and make sure all the levers, controls, and presence switches (like the on in the seat) are in the right condition so the PTO lever can be moved to ON and the tractor continues to run okay. Here's a link to the owner's manuals page:

Honda H4518H Owner's Manual

This is a great forum, but there's another one where there are some real Honda tractor experts; take a look over here for more facts about Honda riders than you can imagine:

MyTractorFourm-Honda Tractors

Finally, if you'd prefer to have a dealer inspect it for you, just have your ZIP code handy and look for one using this link:

Honda Lawn Tractor Dealer Locator

Excalibur

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lazarus lives, Well after two weeks, $125.00 for a new belt, battery, new plugs, & oil, I'm happy to say I'm back in business again.... Still hard to believe I waited so long to do anything. thanks to this forum, my brother-in-law, and some informational material I did it........ Thanks & Aloha to All !!! Nick