Help with governor spring location on Briggs and Stratton 3.5hp

Hello,

I have just recently purchased an edger with a 3.5hp Briggs and Stratton 098902-1110-B1 Code 03031851. The governor springs were all stretched out and not connected when I got it, I just got new springs for it and now I dont know where to put them. Anyone have a picture or diagram of where they should go? Thanks.
 
I have the same problem. I have a horizontal shaft 5HP B&S engine on a Craftsman tiller. The engine model # is: 135202; type 0119 01; code 960102YD. I removed the carb and fuel tank for cleaning, but can not remember how the rods and spring connect to the governor. I reviewed the info at the link mentioned above, but could not find a setup that is like mine. If anyone can help, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks,

tiredoldman
 
Rivets: Thanks for the link. I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, but it has a world of information that should be helpful in the future. Late yesterday the guy a the local repair / parts shop that I use found a video on youtube that shows exactly what I needed. After making the connections and installing the tank and carb, I was ready to try to start the engine. I have another problem now. When pulling the starter crank rope, there is severe kickback. This engine has not been run in 3 or 4 years. Apparently the compression release is not working. That's assuming that it even has compression release. If anyone can provide some help, I sure would appreciate it. Engine is a 5hp B&S, model 135202, type 0119 01.
Thanks for all the help so far!
 
"parts shop that I use found a video on youtube that shows exactly what I needed"

Would you mind sharing the link for that video?
 
Back
Top