Help! Who made this lawn mower deck?

Hello, everyone. This is my first post. We were given this lawn mower over 20 years ago, and its waiting for its third engine. This is a cast aluminum deck that has held up great, and would like to find out who made it. I can't read the info on the OPEI label, and can't find any other markings. The SUPREME and arrows are stick-on decals; looks like the deck was originally orange. Any guesses would be appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0117.JPG
    DSCN0117.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 35
The style to me suggests 70's Yard-Man, whom also made machines from Monkey Wards (Montgomery Ward). I think I have also seen some 70's MTD with that deck as well. If not, it could also be Roper as the decal-style looks more like something I'd see on a Roper deck, particularly the Canadian ones, but I don't know if they made any aluminum decks.
 
Back
Top