Help Troubleshooting Fwd/Rev Power Issue with Stiga Park Pro

Oh yes, a little help to make it easier to change the belt. Press the left pedal and fasten it so stays that way when you change it. The belt will come off much easier now.
 
Ok - I filled up the transmission fluid to the max level and took it for a spin. At first it seemed the same, then after some laps in my front yard the power seemed to come back a little bit more than before. But it still has issues - for example, if I "floor it" or depress the accelerator fully, it stops moving, and this same behavior occurs if I turn the mower up an incline.

I decided to pop the back of the mower off and take a video of the belt/fan that the accelerator controls. In this video I depress the accelerator pedal fully down and you'll notice it starts to lurch forward, then stops....the flywheel and belt stops turning and periodically jerks, and then smoke starts coming out from under the motor (smells like burning rubber). When I release the pedal, the flywheel and belt start turning quickly again:


Does this help troubleshoot the issue? Is this the belt jamming somehow? I'd just like to get feedback before ordering any parts given it will be a serious pain for me to do so from here.

Thanks.
 
Hi,
It is the same as a car, You depress the pedal and the car won't drive! That is the same what you were doing. It works like a clutch. I also have a Stiga Park President and he does the same. When you filled up the hydrostaat there came airbubles in it and you have to get them out. I have read once how to do that but I don't know this anymore. You can try to put the Stiga against a wall or a tree and you have to speed it up and try to drive forward until the rear wheels are going to spin. You do the same backwards. It should drive normal now. I am not so shure about the last tip but you can try it.
 
Can you send me your e-mail adres. I have 8 workshop manuals about hydrolic, belts, ectric and more for the Stiga Park. I can send them to you. I cannot post them here. I read also there about how to fill the hydrolic and how to get the air out. How to change belts.
 
Lift the rear tires off the ground and press the pedal to go forward and let the tires spin for about 5 mins.
 
Back
Top