help! someone stole my new craftsman

piglet

Forum Newbie
Threads
We recently (4 months ago) bought a briggs&straton craftsman from Sears!! And then today in broad daylight someone stole it from us!! We have the receipt, owners manual & all but still can't find the serial number. We made a police report but without the number, there's nothing they can honestly do. We are keeping an eye on CL... With no luck yet. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated

CZLawnCare

Threads
These thieves are discusting, howd they steal it? I recently had my mini excavator, trailer, buckets and hydraulic hammer stolen while i was on vacation so i know the feeling

piglet

Forum Newbie
Threads
It was in our fenced back yard! Makes matters worse, we are moving tomorrow! It was a small self propelled lawnmower so not too expensive... But we would sure hate to replace it as it was only four months old! Oh my!!! Did you have your equitment locked up? We feel like someone was watching our house... I was gone for 30 minutes came home to find it gone!

CZLawnCare

Threads
Wow talk about low lives and no we had it parked at our equipmnet yard which is pretty much an empty field but we had a truck parked infront of it which they started and moved

Threads
We recently (4 months ago) bought a briggs&straton craftsman from Sears!! And then today in broad daylight someone stole it from us!! We have the receipt, owners manual & all but still can't find the serial number. We made a police report but without the number, there's nothing they can honestly do. We are keeping an eye on CL... With no luck yet. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated

WOW that really stinks...I'm sorry to hear that and I hope someone finds out who did it! :frown:

slammed

Threads

That happed to me once before. Come to find out my neighbor took it while I was at gone to cut there grass with out asking and used all my gas. They brought it back after they seen the cops come to my house. After that I started looking it to the porch.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Since you have the paper work from Sears - they might have the serial # recorded on their end -- I'd check with them. Even an email with all the sales numbers on the recipt might get you the numbers.

Good Luck ! :thumbsup:

If you by chance kept the box - sometimes the serial # is on the label.