Help please: Diagnose my problem (30-second video)

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Help please: Diagnose my problem (30-second video)
The carburetor is behind the air filter on the right side of the motor.
You need a 5/16 and 3/8 socket to remove it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, I would never recommend using that blade on that mower, adapter and blade don’t match, causing a dangerous condition. Second, I would be checking for a partially sheared flywheel key. When you installed that blade, it may have been loose, so when you started the engine the key started to shear changing the timing.

Midwest Mania

Forum Newbie
Threads
Taking
Water in carb or float level is off. Pull float bowl from bottom of carb and if fuel is pure, note level of fuel. It may be too low or too high.
taking float bowl off worked ... not sure what was in there... water or gas or oil ... but engine is running fine.

THANKS TO ALL! Any other advice, I am all ears (or at least that's what my mother told me):

Last edited:

gsim

Threads
Water is heavier than fuel. So it will always accumulate at lowest place. I had a car once, sat outside all nite when I was on midnight shift at work. Temp dropped to 10 above zero. Car would not start, but cranking fine, good spark. Wen inside to careteria, bought cup of hot coffee, brought outside, poured on lowest part of fuel line on my fenderwell, under the hood. VOILA! Started right up, but stuttered a bit undil water pulled thru and gone out exhaust.:LOL:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Have you cleaned out the fuel tank,And replaced old gas with fresh?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Old time fuel filters used to be a clear glass bowls with a little drain on the bottom, to drain out the water and sediment.