Help MTD Yard Machine

There should also be a button in the area of the key switch that you also have to push to go in reverse. the other thing to check is to make sure the headlights work. For some reason they wired the reverse safety system through the headlight circuit.

Yes I just rewired the headlights haha, the hood cut into wires...... The spring has arrived going to install it later . I will update progress once complete.

Thanks again for your help !!!
 
There should also be a button in the area of the key switch that you also have to push to go in reverse. the other thing to check is to make sure the headlights work. For some reason they wired the reverse safety system through the headlight circuit.

Okay new UPDATE !!
That Spring I wrote about arrived and I went to replace. To my surprise yet another non MTD spring was used. Thanks to your advice I have only used OEM parts and the new spring was OEM.
It is also longer and thicker than what the Now out of business repair guy did. I was able to cut smoothly without any problem of engaging and disengaging blades.

The only problem I still have is the red light by ignition which goes on for reversing blades is on all the time. I did rewire the head lights by splicing and attaching and the work great any ideas on the light staying on.

Thank you !!!
 
Back
Top