Help me, its my wife! Landscaping question....

Barney Fife

Threads
We have a better than average lawn and folwers. However, my just doesent like it. She thinks we need a PRO. My thoughts are what plants will do well in a location, Shade, Sun, also if the colors go well with the house that is lt. gray. I just can't get it threw her mind that it is us that must be happy. What are your thought s on this???? If you need more info just ask. TIA

Threads
We have a better than average lawn and folwers. However, my just doesent like it. She thinks we need a PRO. My thoughts are what plants will do well in a location, Shade, Sun, also if the colors go well with the house that is lt. gray. I just can't get it threw her mind that it is us that must be happy. What are your thought s on this???? If you need more info just ask. TIA

I think what plants will do well in what conditions is the most important thing to think about. So you think about that an coordinating the colors with the house, why does your wife think you need a pro?

sgmgarden

Threads
I'm afraid I would definitely consider what conditions the plants will do well in first before I thought about anything else.

qa12852

Threads
First thing you need to do is determine what hardiness zone you are in. That will narrow down the plants that you can plant and survive the year. Also the amount of sun and shade and when that is, like morning vs evening shade.

possum

Threads
She got you to marry her. That right there is all there is to it. My wife only interferes in such things for a short while. Once she is done the year goes on as every year does in the yard.

Barney Fife

Threads
:laughing: now that was good!

Barney Fife

Threads
First thing you need to do is determine what hardiness zone you are in. That will narrow down the plants that you can plant and survive the year. Also the amount of sun and shade and when that is, like morning vs evening shade.

I agree 100%

Barney Fife

Threads
I'm afraid I would definitely consider what conditions the plants will do well in first before I thought about anything else.

Thanks I agree. I believe that Fife Is Scotish?

Barney Fife

Threads
I think what plants will do well in what conditions is the most important thing to think about. So you think about that an coordinating the colors with the house, why does your wife think you need a pro?

Probaly becase she dont care for it I guess. Its to TIGHT stuff is to close.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
You could just thin out whats there and make life easy. Or you could tell her you don't tell her to hire a pro to work in the kitchen so why would you hire one to work in the yard lol.