Help me decide on new zt mower

My Hustler Raptor makes every yard I've cut appear as though it is a cut pile carpet. Smooth as glass with a fabricated deck, best seat and a Kawi that likes to work.
 
I do like the triple blade Fab decks on the gravely and ariens. What a tough decision. Appreciate all the feedback

I am in a struggle to choose a new mower right now and the Ariens Ikon X is my zero turn of choice. Starting April 1st, 5 year warranty on the Ikon X if you register with Ariens before the end of the month. I was looking at the 52" personally. $2999 with a Kawasaki Engine, that wonderful seat and the warranty to boot. The only things that I have found to not like is the offset deck on the 52" and the fact that the front and rear tires are no narrow. I have some very wet ground so I can only imagine the ruts I am going to get if I purchase this mower. I cross-shopped that to the Hustler Raptor Limited and those wider tires alone make the machine look stout. The only thing that pushed me away from the raptor was the rather slow blade tip speed and the price ($500 more). For me right now, I just need to convince myself that I actually don't need a garden tractor; which is proving to be quite hard.n Good luck with your search!
 
Mike,

I did my first cut of the year today with my Raptor SD. I can tell you that the tip speed is way past supersonic and although the grass wasn't completely greened out and much more dry (dormant) grass involved which is harder to cut, it again made the yard look smooth as a newborn babies butt and the wider tires, better seat and electronics is well worth the 500 bucks.

But then, you have to be happy with your purchase, thus, I say purchase what you think will make you happy.

Good luck!

Max
 
Back
Top