Help me avoid getting ripped off again, please.

rigoletto

Well-Known Member
people,

Last year, (thread can be viewed of course), I had a broken belt, and bought a new one on ebay, it was an off brand, now I realize, just advertized as "OEM". Busted in just one year, and I dont even mow every week. Original lasted 15 years!! Sheesh.

What brands should I insist on buying? PIX?? Other? Belt is an MTD 754-0370, engages the mower to propel. Heres the link to various belts:
mtd 754-0370 belt | eBay

Thnaks, people.
 
I have used the OEM equivalent belt sold by Oregon, and Stens with good luck. Most OEM belts are made by either PIX or Thermoid. i have had mixed luck with PIX belts, but to each there own.
 
`

Thanks, people, good to know. I should look under there to make sure nothing is interfering with that belt. I know I get so many twigs/branches stuck there all the time- pull them out often. Could be the blame, not the suplier.
 
Do you still have the belt cover installed underneath?

He's talking about a drive belt not a deck belt. There is no cover for the drive belts. Like said earlier check the pulleys for alignment, idler pulleys spin freely, belt keepers not rubbing on back of belt, etc.
 
Back
Top