Help locating parts for Pulsar mower

donslawns

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a couple come through my shop and they are disposable for sure. The other Menards product that I see a lot of is their FVP batteries. People think that they are getting a good deal but I replace half a dozen per year that were bought just a few months before. Menards = Chinese garbage.

smhardesty

Threads

smhardesty

Threads
I have had pretty much the same issues. I'd spend more time chasing down parts via the web than I was diagnosing and repairing a machine. I'm done working on Chinese machines. I have one more Chinese machine in my shop, a DuriFuel generator, and when it is gone there will be no more. It needs internal engine parts, specifically an exhaust valve spring, the retainer, and the 2 retainer locks. It has been a miserable task just finding the part numbers and then finding a retailer that had them in stock. If it looks like a Honda but doesn't say Honda on it anywhere, take it to someone else because I'm not working on it.
I hear ya. What I'm really amazed at is how many of these cheap things have entered the US market in just the few years since I last did small engine repair. Maybe it was because of my location and the fact that the majority of work I got was from area farmers. I just never saw this stuff back then. Now, I've managed to get three of the things in already and I've only been looking for stuff for 3 months, give or take. And I'm still just blown away by this crap Pulsar is pulling with NOT allowing any parts to be stocked by any dealers in the entire US of A. It's baffling to me.

smhardesty

Threads
Uses Honda parts they say. What the don't say is to repair the carb you need a gasket set from two different engines because you need the bowl gasket from one and the base gasket from the other and the float valve from a third engine
I'm thinking that is why they told me they did NOT sell any carb rebuild kits and I couldn't even buy the parts individually. It was buy a complete carb or do without, Period. Granted, the carb is only $20, but that's not the point here. What if ALL I need was a new bowl gasket and nothing else? Seems like it's still - buy a $20 carb. Stupid.

smhardesty

Threads
Home depot has some parts search briggs with that model number it should come up.
I'm confused by this. Where and how would I search for a repair part for a Pulsar on a Briggs parts site? What am I not understanding? How would I plug in a Pulsar model number on a Briggs site?

smhardesty

Threads
Found this maybe it will help for part numbers its exploded view of mower and eng.
Already have that. It was provided to me several posts back, but thanks. And that's not the real problem. The real problem is that the parts can only be ordered directly from Pulsar's home office in Canada. That's per Pulsar, themselves. I received that in an email I got from them. They told me that they will not allow dealers to stock parts and they only sell parts direct from them. I think I posted a screenshot of that statement from the email I got from them. I'd have to look back to be sure, but I sure think I did. Here it is again, anyway.

Screenshot_2023-01-11_11-49-04.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have had a couple come through my shop and they are disposable for sure. The other Menards product that I see a lot of is their FVP batteries. People think that they are getting a good deal but I replace half a dozen per year that were bought just a few months before. Menards = Chinese garbage.
My best local choices are the FVP Menard's batteries with the 6 month warranty or the 1 year old still on the shelf Walmart batteries with the 30 day warranty. Throw in the Rural King batteries that will get exchanged 3-6 times in the first 90 days before getting a good one.

smhardesty

Threads
Found this site selling used parts. Maybe you will get lucky.
Maybe eBay too.
Yeah, I already found that site too. They don't have any of what I thought I was going to need.

It's all moot anyway. I posted a legthy explanation of what I ran into yesterday. In that post, I said that the engines is blowing oil through the exhaust when trying to start it. Not just a speck or two of oil, but I huge blast of it on every pull of the starter. I intend to pull that cheap engine and put a Briggs 4.5HP on it. I have a good one sitting in the corner of the shop. I'm just hoping bolt patterns line up.

Ohioguy

Threads
I bought a Brute walk behind trimmer from Menard's with a three year warranty. On about my 5th use, it wouldn't start. I did the usual testing on something under warranty, no luck.
I called Pulsar and they recommended a local shop. Three weeks later, I go to pick it up and it takes maybe 8 pulls. The warranty says first on second pull. I asked the shop guy and he said it hasn't been run in a while. By the time I got home the service guy calls and says Pulsar rejected the warranty service. When I called Pulsar they said I didn't get approval for repair. I had two other conversations with Pulsar they said they were discussing. I was planning on negotiating the bill with the shop suggesting they call me if they received no payment. Never heard another word.

Welt to use the trimmer a week or so later, no go....