Help! Husqvarna chainsaw safety clutch not working.

gamecock66

Threads
I had to replace the chain on my Husqvarna chainsaw and now the blade engagement handle does not work. When you try and move the arm back or forth it acts like it is jumping the gear that activates the blade. I pulled the cover off again and the spring is so tight that the arm will not move to compress it. I disassembled and cleaned everything but that made no difference. I have a couple of pics but cant figure out how to upload from the wife's iPad .

Any ideas to why this spring is so tight now?

Thanks
Wade

possum

Threads
I know what a chain brake is. But I have no clue what a blade engagement handle is. Nor do I know what a gear that engages the blade is. The chain brake is either on or off. If your chain does not move it may be to tight. You could also have put on the wrong chain. Your bar could be pinching the chain. If the saw worked ok before then I would try to figure out what I did wrong to make it not work now.

possum

Threads
I checked around on this a bit. Some information on you tube about this. If the problem is the chain brake you are not the first one to have trouble with it. I do not own a saw like this so really have no way of seeing the problem. Try the arborist sites. They have some information and pictures. Does not seem to be a great many chainsaw users on here.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
What model of Husqvarna chainsaw is it..?

gamecock66

Threads
Here are a couple of pics. Yes the chain brake. I was so aggrevated last night I could not remember the name.. :-( The tension on the chain does not have an affect. This is just odd! It was cutting fine and then the chain popped off, now the brake does not work. The gear I was referring to is the silver star looking thing in the plate and it sits inside the same shaped hole in the handle to engage\disengage the brake.

Clover-20130923-00172.jpg

Attachments

• Clover-20130923-00173.jpg
    Clover-20130923-00173.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 12

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
So you had the chain break on...! anyway you fixed it..:thumbsup:

gamecock66

Threads
So you had the chain break on...! anyway you fixed it..:thumbsup:

Yeap!! I had no idea and looking through the owners manual I did not see a caution statement about this. I will try it when I get off work.