Help gas thing stuck

alexgrade

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah I have a lawnmower riding and I was filling it up with gas and I guess I accidently let a cap fall in from the gas can.
It is a yellow gas cap and it is from a red type bottle. I have tried everything, putting it on a hill, taking it out with a hanger no luck I cant see through it!
I dont know where inside the gas tank it is located or if it has sunk, I need help my dad is coming home and he'd be piseed

Also how will it damage my tractor

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yeah I have a lawnmower riding and I was filling it up with gas and I guess I accidently let a cap fall in from the gas can.
It is a yellow gas cap and it is from a red type bottle. I have tried everything, putting it on a hill, taking it out with a hanger no luck I cant see through it!
I dont know where inside the gas tank it is located or if it has sunk, I need help my dad is coming home and he'd be piseed

Also how will it damage my tractor

It wont damage the tractor. It will probably float around since it is plastic. If you can, remove the gas tank and empty it. Then put it upside down and shake it well until de piece falls out. That is how I have done it.

gfp55

Threads
Is the tank still need filling? If it needs filling, fill the tank and the cap will float to the top.