Help for rough idle Troybilt self propelled 12AV565Q711 - Honda engine

G33kyG1rl

Forum Newbie
My mom just moved to a place where she needs to cut her lawn, so I found a self propelled mower that needed a little work on a local forum, $5. It was stripped, no blade, no blade adapters or bolt, no belt, no air filter or air filter cover, ran really rough. I bought all those things, being the nice daughter that I am, including a new carb, which I put on myself. It still runs kinda rough. Puffs a little smokey stuff here and there. I'm not a small engine repair guru by any means, I am a computer technician, but I figured if I'm handy enough to replace tiny parts in laptops, I can work on a small lawnmower too. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!
 
The next question would be what color is the smoke. Black means it is running rich, and would be a fuel problem. blue would be oil, but sometimes can be a white/grey. There may be a reason that it was stripped the way you found it.
 
Wow, spark plug never even dawned on me. I'm willing to bet it's as disgusting as everything else on the mower was. Thanks!!
 
Back
Top