Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!

MTDMACHINE

Threads
Hello everyone!

Just purchased my first riding mower today. It's a 2 year old mtd yard machine. Picked it up for $400. It's super clean, but has a few issues. It has a surge when its in idle regardless of the throttle position. The headlights get brighter and dim with the surge. It vibrates my feet pretty bad and seems to be running a little rich. It cuts grass great and is super fast. Goes up steep hills, while cutting with out hesitation. It's a 7 speed and has a Briggs and Stratton intek xrd 18.5 horse 500cc engine. I did notice its leaking a small amount of gas. Very small amount on the ground.

The other issue is that I cant seem to get it to roll when its in neutral. I have the parking brake off.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Surging most likely means the carb needs cleaned. As far as not rolling in neutral, Possibly the parking brake is sticking in the on position, but that usually will also prevent driving, unless it is unsticking when the force of the tranny overrides the resistance of the brake. brake lever is located on the right side of the tranny in front of the axle. If it is sticking you will hear a click when you move the brake lever on the tranny with your hand.

MTDMACHINE

Threads
Surging most likely means the carb needs cleaned. As far as not rolling in neutral, Possibly the parking brake is sticking in the on position, but that usually will also prevent driving, unless it is unsticking when the force of the tranny overrides the resistance of the brake. brake lever is located on the right side of the tranny in front of the axle. If it is sticking you will hear a click when you move the brake lever on the tranny with your hand.

Thanks! I will try that.