Hello From PA

themanfromvan

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone !! My real name is Dave, but I am known on the Web as themanfromvan. I am the proud owner of two Cub Cadets. One is a 1973 Model 128 which I picked up a couple of years ago for $500. The other is a Model 1650, which I think is a 1978. It was given to me in non running condition. Thanks to the help of a friend, it is now a lean, mean grass mowing machine.

I look forward to being part of your forum.

themanfromvan

Forum Newbie
Threads
themanfromvan-albums-my-cubs-picture2656-img-5910.jpg

themanfromvan-albums-my-cubs-picture2657-img-5898.jpg

themanfromvan-albums-my-cubs-picture2661-img-5919.jpg

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cool pictures - thanks for sharing. Welcome to LMF. :smile:

fastback

Threads
Nice pictures. Question: Why does the 1650 have only one wheel weight? Is this on purpose? Oh, and welcome to the forum.

themanfromvan

Forum Newbie
Threads
LOL !!! Pretty observant on that wheel weight issue !! Actually, the tires with the wheel weights were originally on the 128. But, one has a slow leak at the valve stem, so when I took the 1650 to my friend, I swapped out the tires so I wouldn't have to pump the leaking tire up every time I mowed.

Now that the 1650 is back, I took the tires off the OTHER 128 that you see in the background in that one picture and put on it. So........... the pictures were taken a different times with different tire/wheel combinations.

I admire your detective work, though. :thumbsup:

noma

Threads
Hi themanfromvan

Those mower look very good in the working cloth ,they look original from the factory nice pair enjoy them .Do you still use them to do your lawn mowing? Welcome aboard to LMF enjoy seeing the pictures to.:licking:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sweet pics, sweet mowers!

Welcome to LMF!!

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
WELCOME ! :biggrin:

Those look Great for the age (actually for any age) ! :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy the Forum ! :smile: