Hello, from northern Alabama.

bodean

Threads
Just joined the site and look forward to conversing with all of you. I am an avid do-it-yourself type person. I grew up poor so a lot of it comes from that. When not working a full time job, I'm usually looking after a small farm, tinkering around in my shop, or riding my Gold Wing. My lawn and garden equipment includes a JD 850 tractor with Bush Hog finishing mower, a Howes rotary cutter, and a Yanmar? pto tiller. I own a 52'' Ferris Zero turn with a 26hp B&S engine and a couple of 28 year old Lawnboy push mowers.

okiepc

Threads
Lots of nice equipment you have gathered, welcome to the forum. :smile:

Snapperfreak

Threads
Welcome!! I'd love to see those old Lawnboys sometime!:smile:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome. :welcome:

There's a pretty good group of fans in the Lawn-Boy forum. Please visit and post some photos.

Personally, I have eight two-stroke Lawn-Boys -- five of which run. :confused2:

bodean

Threads
Bought my 1st 2 cycle Lawn Boy push mower in 1985 from Otasco where both my brothers worked as mechanics. It was a Scamp 19" with steel deck. The motor stills runs good, but the deck finally died of cancer about 5 years ago. I'd be embarrassed to show pictures of it due to all the patch work I had to do over the years just to keep it going. Shortly after I retired it, a neighbor up the street started doing lawn mower repair work and took an alum deck model in trade. I quickly bought it for $25 and I'm still using it. When Otasco folded, my brother acquired several mowers and Weedeater trimmers for only a few dollars each. All of them had issues and needed repair. He repaired and used what was good for himself, but he gave a Lawn Boy self propelled that a customer had run straight gas in and seized the motor. It has a steel deck and I've saving it for future use. I plan to try and fit the Scamp motor onto that deck and remove the drive system to lighten it up. The only other issues that I've had are trying to locate good carbs for them.