hello all how many of you do small engine repair as a buisness and how many a hobby

Flintmotorsports

Threads
  • / hello all how many of you do small engine repair as a buisness and how many a hobby
hello all hope to see alot of replies

Flintmotorsports

Threads
  • / hello all how many of you do small engine repair as a buisness and how many a hobby
wow there is alot of people doing it as a hobby is there just as many doing it for a living i know i am

Flintmotorsports

Threads
must be no one wants to tell there stories.

DaveTN

Threads
I used to work at Sears as a mower mechanic sometimes on the road and other times in the shop. Before that I worked at Suzuki Cycles and the shop closed down. I've had a couple of mechanic friends who wanted to start a shop but it just wasn't my thing really. Paperwork, permits, payroll, insurance, inventory, inspections, grumpy customers and such are not my forte' as they say. Even though I studied Business Management in college, I won't put up with the aggravation. I piddle around with small engines when I'm of a mind to for friends, neighbors, and an occasional friend of a friend. My rates are extremely generous! I don't even charge them except for parts and they insist on cramming money in my pocket. As far as a hobby I'm getting over that part as well. I've gathered up all my push mowers in one area and will soon move all the riders in one area, then start through thinning out the ones that can be repaired and sold, or scrapped. I currently refuse to bring in any more until I get rid of these. Hobby? I suppose you could call it that.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
thank you for the reply it is nice to see how i all begain

mowerman1999

Threads
i repair mowers for profit i started at the end of august and i have 3 mowers ready to sell in the beggining of spring and currently i am working on a honda gcv 160 which i can put on a deck to make a good mower.

mowerman1999

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the General Mower Discussion forum. :smile:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's a hobby for me.

Acquiring suitable mowers to fix has been getting harder in the last year or so. I'm only interested in two-stroke mowers and less interested in ones made in the last 25 years or so.

I do go wild when I see a 1970s Lawn-Boy listed on CL. :laughing: