Hard To Start Huskee 5.0 HP 22'' Cut- D07957 AC

stc9357

Forum Newbie
Ok I replaced the spark plug, cleaned out the carburator, put new gas in and oil in, and the lawn mower will only start for a second when I spray starter fluid in the cylinder where the spark plug goes and prime it then it sputters out.

I wanted to know what could be the problem I'm going to buy new gaskets and will take the carb out again and let it sit in cleaning fluid for a night. Also when I first emptied the gas I tilted the lawn mower on its side which I now know was the wrong thing to do so what could be the problem? I also forgot to mention I cleaned the paper filter but haven't gone and gotten a new one.

There is a burning gas smell when the lawn mower starts for a second any help would be greatly appreciated willing to do what ever it takes just not trying to take it to a shop.
 
Last edited:
Do you know how to check for the basics?
#1 Check the oil level & gas level w/flash light to look for water in the tank
#2 Check the Blade for damage & bent or loose
#3 Check for spark @ the spark plug
#4 Check for compression, every engine needs at least 90 psi to run
#5 Check safety shut down switches
#6 Call CajunCub back....:biggrin:
 
Yeah, the water comes from the tank you pour gasoline from....testing compression, use a gauge from auto parts store loaner tools if you don't have one.
 
Last edited:
I'm going to the store and will buy a gas tank cleaner, a new fuel line, and gaskets for mower is there anything else I should buy?

Also the compression tool anything else?
 
Already have one was one of the first things I bought, I'm going outside to check for spark from my wires or is that even necessary since it starts up?
 
Back
Top