Hard snap back portable generator

Daniel 3721

Threads
If your output is only 90 volts you'll need to check the engine's running RPM, it's likely set too low. Around 3,600 RPM for most generators is normally where you want to be, you should have around 120 volts at 60 HZ. If you're running at 3600 RPM and those output numbers don't match up, you may have other issues. If you've set the valve lash at .003, you're good to go there. If you're having other running issues it's probably time to look into the carburetor or adjustment. If you're not comfortable with getting it fine tuned yourself, almost any local shop can do this for you, for a fee. If you're mechanically inclined and it seems to be an issue with the carburetor, just replace it with a new aftermarket carb. They're only $10-$12 if you shop around. Costs less than a kit in most cases.
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!
I put a new carb. on, so I don't think it's that.
It's running rough. And by rough I mean there's a slight knocking noise. Also, when I shut it off the whole generator shakes violently and there is a loud knock.

RGSERVICES

Threads
I'm having issues with starting my portable generator. It pulls easy with no sparkplug.
I removed the valve cover and clean carbon buildup out. I removed and cleaned the carburetor. The spark plug is gapped correctly and so is the (I think it's called) magneto on the flywheel. The flywheel key, which is a half circle key, was slightly out of position. I removed it and put it back correctly and I'm still having issues.
If I slowly pull the pull cord a few times, it will pull start it. does anybody have any ideas? I live off grid and this is my source of electricity. I appreciate any help.
over filled with oil?

Daniel 3721

Threads
over filled with oil?
Oil is halfway between L and H. It runs better now and doesn't shake or knock. It does blow blue smoke for about 15 seconds when cold starting.
It puts out 120v but the idle is turned up higher than it was prior to "fixing" it.
I appreciate everyone's input and help and I'm still open to more advice about the blue smoke.