GX85 starts and sounds good, stalls when shifting out of neutral

2006 Tundra

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / GX85 starts and sounds good, stalls when shifting out of neutral
Hi - Just pulling my GX85 out for the summer. It starts right up and the engine sounds like it running smoothly. I got one modest cloud of blue smoke on the first start, exhaust is now clear. The problem is when I try to shift out of neutral, the engine stalls - even before engaging the clutch. There's a bit of oil leaking from the seal at the bottom of the dipstick assembly (ordered new this morning). Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 97405

Sounds like it doesn't know you're on the seat. Make sure the seat switch is plugged in.

mitchstein443

Threads
if it's just like a stall as if you turned the key to the off position then yup the above post being the seat switch or other safety switch would most likely be the cause..

If it jumps to a stop then the drive belt may have rusted itself to the pulley and won't turn, but this is only likely if it was sitting in a damp envionment for long time.. Otherwise, remove the drive and deck belts and see if it still stalls if so, then safety switch.. if it doesn't check for stuck pto and pulley on the deck or stuck clutch and transmission, or belt stuck or one or more idler pulleys stuck...