GX200- engine on Dewalt pressure washer

jniolon

Forum Newbie
Threads
drug my p.w. out today for some patio cleaning... first time used since last fall. wouldn't start... had fuel...had oil... on / off switch on "ON". tried it with and without choke... nothin... pulled the air cleaner and gave it a shot of carb cleaner... fired off then quit... so I figured... fuel problem... pulled drain from bowl... didn't look good... drained it completely including tank and refilled with fresh fuel,..... no start...

pulled the carb, removed the bowl and main jet... sprayed carb cleaner through all holes... the all flowed... back together...fresh fuel still no start... no even with carb cleaner...so start looking for fire

put spark checker in place of plug (grounded spark plug) and turned it over... saw a couple of weak sparks then no spark at all... tried bypassing on/off switch and oil level sensor.... no spark

help guys !!! what am I missing here and tell me what to do to trouble shoot it

thanks
John

more info... since I posted I've removed the engine cover and did the 'business card' set on the coil... is there a way to test the coil output other than the grounded plug test ??? continuity ?? resistance ??

john

Last edited:

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
drug my p.w. out today for some patio cleaning... first time used since last fall. wouldn't start... had fuel...had oil... on / off switch on "ON". tried it with and without choke... nothin... pulled the air cleaner and gave it a shot of carb cleaner... fired off then quit... so I figured... fuel problem... pulled drain from bowl... didn't look good... drained it completely including tank and refilled with fresh fuel,..... no start...

pulled the carb, removed the bowl and main jet... sprayed carb cleaner through all holes... the all flowed... back together...fresh fuel still no start... no even with carb cleaner...so start looking for fire

put spark checker in place of plug (grounded spark plug) and turned it over... saw a couple of weak sparks then no spark at all... tried bypassing on/off switch and oil level sensor.... no spark

help guys !!! what am I missing here and tell me what to do to trouble shoot it

thanks
John

more info... since I posted I've removed the engine cover and did the 'business card' set on the coil... is there a way to test the coil output other than the grounded plug test ??? continuity ?? resistance ??

john

I still say it is bad fuel.
Clean spark plug, put a little gas in carb instead of crab cleaner.
Maybe the float needle is stuck and there is no gas in the bowl now that you drained it.