GT3000 won't stop or allow to switch gears

Clast22

Forum Newbie
Hello, i am new to the forum. I have a Craftsman GT3000, 917273070. with the high/low manual gear. I purchased it new and it seemed to run fine. One day i engaged the blades and it was smoking a bit then that went away. I disengaged the blades and then pushed on the clutch/brake and the mower slowed but would not stop, i could not shift into any gears as when i tried it made a noise and a bit of a smell. When i start the mower up in neutral there then shift into a gear it is fine but once moving it will not stop even with the clutch/brake totally pressed down. I checked and the brakes appear to be alright but wonder if it's an issue with the clutch?
 
Yes.
the clutch should allow the belt to go slack enough to slip on the engine pulley so you go nowhere when the pedal is fully down.
 
Back
Top