GT245

1patriot4u

Forum Newbie
Threads
engine shuts off when I engage pto. the 3 light on circuit go out at the same time. tried a new pto switch and brake safety switch but did the same.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The PTO switch is linked the the seat switch on just about every mower made
No bum on the seat and either the PTO will not turn on or the engine turns off
The other think linked to the PTO is the reverse cut out switch and again some shut off the blades while others shut off the engine
So there is some places to start looking
The reverse switch is generally on the right side of the axel and is tripped by the reverse control rod

GT 245 is not a model I have a TM for so the above is general .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Bert if I got my info right you do have access to the TM over on PPETEN under bert***********rs. I had added it back in 2020. Now it is a fairly large file.

1711803701829.png

But the GT245 uses 12v through the seat switch to activate a relay. These switches do not like 12v running through them due to the current involved so they tend burn the internal contacts and become non operational. The switch should be black in color indicating it is a NO switch.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks Star
I have not been there for a while because that was on the old box and it can no longer connect to the WWW
Hope I stored the password some where safe.
My ISP TPG just sold off their emails section to The Messenging Company and now only 1/2 of them work and none work properly .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boy that would be pain...My emails are now more important than my regular US mail; although, I get just about as much junk in either mailbox.

And I am fairly sure that notrealemail address is dead already so you can't request the forgot password or have the reaction email sent then you may need to re-register just to get an email to the administrator as he would have reset the old account to the new email and send you a temp password this way all your posts remain intact.

Last edited: