gt245 kawasaki prob

jimbo64

Threads
Having trouble with my gt245 kawasaki--after is shut it off it would not restart=pulled air cleaner and about 1/4 inch of fuel laying in bottom-gathered it up wth a papetowel-let set for twenty min and it started---has new plugs, gas filter, air filter--------tractor has 600 hrs on it----did this a couple times last yr also-----any suggestions-twin cyl 20 hp Kawasaki, yr 2002 i think---carb settings are all factory set so no adjustment there------where should i be looking======thanks Jimbo

mac

Threads
You might check to make sure the fuel shut off solenoid is hooked up and functioning properly. I think that engine has one on the bottom of the float bowl on the carb.

jimbo64

Threads
You might check to make sure the fuel shut off solenoid is hooked up and functioning properly. I think that engine has one on the bottom of the float bowl on the carb.

interesting=====thanks-will check, just learned something new

jimbo64

Threads
Having trouble with my gt245 kawasaki--after is shut it off it would not restart=pulled air cleaner and about 1/4 inch of fuel laying in bottom-gathered it up wth a papetowel-let set for twenty min and it started---has new plugs, gas filter, air filter--------tractor has 600 hrs on it----did this a couple times last yr also-----any suggestions-twin cyl 20 hp Kawasaki, yr 2002 i think---carb settings are all factory set so no adjustment there------where should i be looking======thanks Jimbo

couple updates------mostly oil laying in front of carb butterflys-would guess engine oil---also there is a vent tube coming off carb= tried to blow through it [mouth] but couldn't-shouldn't i be able to blow through a vent tube----turned tube upside down and filled with carb cleaner-let it sit overnight and still filled this am-----what am i missing?:mad:

jimbo64

Threads
had replaced spark plugs, fuel filter, air fiilter and still had prob---rebuilt carb, replaced vent hose and it now seems to be running okay------will see after a couple weeks, still see oil traces in front of butterfly valves-----

BBO

Threads
replaced vent hose and it now seems to be running okay------will see after a couple weeks, still see oil traces in front of butterfly valves-----

Carb has a number 15003-???? on it. Do you have that number?

And what hose are you blowing thru?
GT245_Carb1.gif

With it running see if you can tell what that vent is doing... Is it a crankcase vent?

jimbo64

Threads
had replaced spark plugs, fuel filter, air fiilter and still had prob---rebuilt carb, replaced vent hose and it now seems to be running okay------will see after a couple weeks, still see oil traces in front of butterfly valves-----

running good into put away time last fall- will see what happens this spring-----been a good one for most of its life-

chaser48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine had almost same problem Dealer put wrong air filter on it I think it was something Vented or nonvented