Groups

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Hi Guys (and gals),

I noticed that there are a few new groups that started up recently... how do you guys like the group format? Should we launch groups for mower brands and other topics?

mystreba

Threads
Hi Guys (and gals),

I noticed that there are a few new groups that started up recently... how do you guys like the group format? Should we launch groups for mower brands and other topics?

Group format is good. I'm thinking that groups for mower brands would be redundant with the brand forums. Seems as though the groups are more of an off-topic thing. My $.02 :wink:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi Guys (and gals),

The group format is great - gives us a feel of what it's like in the driver's seat (groups are maintained and moderated by the one who started the group, from what I gather.)

Just wish more than 1000 characters were allowed in a single post.

I agree with Mystreba - I think mower groups would be redundant. That's what the whole site is about! It's cool for like-minded people to be able to congregate around an off - topic (and not have your thread get buried in a day in The Front Porch)! Unless someone WANTED to start a group on mower X - I'm sure there would be a following! It seems the groups can be about whatever tickles your fancy, in a slower, more permanent way than the fromt porch (or worse yet The Chronicles).

You can thank Sprinkler Buddy for bringing our attention to it. I think he has looked at EVERY FEATURE this site has to offer! Good job!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
One thing I do wish for:

I wish that the groups were a little easier to get to, and more visable. Before SB brought the subject up, I didn't even know there were groups HERE!!

It's a pain right now to get to.....any way to put a 'Groups' tab in the top bar of the home page? It'd be a whole lot easier than going to your profile.....going to the bottom.......or digging up this thread and following the link.........

:biggrin:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
That's kind of why I started this thread... because I was considering adding a tab for groups but issues like mower brand groups or model-specific groups could make things confusing very quickly.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's kind of why I started this thread... because I was considering adding a tab for groups but issues like mower brand groups or model-specific groups could make things confusing very quickly.

....and nobody's done that.....YET. The forums are a good place for fans to hang out. The groups seem like a great 'after hours' kinda thing, ya know?

Just a little attention drawn to them, and I think you'll see the personality (and interests) of the membership manifest itself a bit more. :thumbsup:

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'd actually personally wait and see if they take off at all before even offering categories.......

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
I'm still waiting for someone to post a fish or two. I think a tab would help. I know there has to be some fishermen on here.:confused2:

jd335

Threads
One thing I do wish for:

I wish that the groups were a little easier to get to, and more visable. Before SB brought the subject up, I didn't even know there were groups HERE!!

It's a pain right now to get to.....any way to put a 'Groups' tab in the top bar of the home page? It'd be a whole lot easier than going to your profile.....going to the bottom.......or digging up this thread and following the link.........

:biggrin:
im with you there i didn't know we had groups till i was looking @ the post on fishing pics.:confused2: