Buying Advice Grinder?

Bomba, looks like a good start with your rig in the garage. Treat it like a good car and it will return the favor.

Thanks MOTO. I'm doing my best, I really wanna look after my new property.

image-3576872239.jpg

This some of my lawn.
 
The company was selling some on ebay. About $175 (last year) plus shipping. I have 5 mowers that I sharpen the blades 2x per year. I figured it paid for itself in a year.
Wish I would have bought it years ago.
 
With curved blades the freehand grinding technique can follow the edge due to our highly developed hand-eye coordination. In the factory a grinding fixture is used for curved blades which has a carbide "finger" set vertically at the axis of the wheel, on the outer radius. It is pointed and just clears the grind stone. The blade is fitted to a movable table or sleeve and the wheel is lowered to achieve the desired cutting edge. The blade is run over the finger and maintains a constant set. Expensive wheels are used like the pink Bradley wheel or the white Nortons. Beautiful results are achieved. But satisfactory results can be acheived with the H-Frt 10" pedestal grinder (or equivalent) and the common grey wheel. (with practice) :drink:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top