Grilling...

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Where's the flames coming out of the holes?

Lawnz 420

Threads
Where's the flames coming out of the holes?
Weren't hot enough yet...then they caught fire and stayed lit for 20 minutes. Left them on for about 4 hours then tapped/shook the burnt carbon out, and gave both a quick wire brushing and thin coat of high heat black paint...

Last edited:

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Looks like new now. Good job!

When I click on them I get a PhotoBucket advertisement, BTW.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Won't those be kinda tough to eat? Like mine medium with no blood.

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Let ask a dumb question as I have seen anything like these. What are they? Just curious.

And Slomo my mother would never anything with that wasn't cook until no blood was present. So I never acquired the taste either.

Also I haven't used Photobucket in years as they were rather hateful when they first went to a pay service.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
Let ask a dumb question as I have seen anything like these. What are they? Just curious.

And Slomo my mother would never anything with that wasn't cook until no blood was present. So I never acquired the taste either.

Also I haven't used Photobucket in years as they were rather hateful when they first went to a pay service.
I'll assume you aren't a Lawn-Boy addict (like myself). These are mufflers. Lawn-Boy's are two-stroke. Their exhaust ports are on the bottom of the engine and mate up with mufflers underneath the deck. This makes them quiet. The unburnt oil in the exhaust collects in them. You need to clean the exhaust ports every couple years or so (depending on how many hours you put on her) and, eventually, you need to clear out all the unburnt oil that has collected in the muffler itself. The easiest way is to put the muffler in a fire of some sort (propane grill works great) and wait for the flame coming out the hole to die out. The engine lasts practically forever so you can restore your Lawn-Boy to the same power it had when brand new by doing this. My 'daily-driver' Lawn-Boy, 30 years old, was bought by my wife at a yard sale for $20 cause the guy thought it was completely worn out. Cleaned the ports and muffler and she was the same as new (my mower, not my wife, that is)...

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'll assume you aren't a Lawn-Boy addict (like myself). These are mufflers. Lawn-Boy's are two-stroke. Their exhaust ports are on the bottom of the engine and mate up with mufflers underneath the deck. This makes them quiet. The unburnt oil in the exhaust collects in them. You need to clean the exhaust ports every couple years or so (depending on how many hours you put on her) and, eventually, you need to clear out all the unburnt oil that has collected in the muffler itself. The easiest way is to put the muffler in a fire of some sort (propane grill works great) and wait for the flame coming out the hole to die out. The engine lasts practically forever so you can restore your Lawn-Boy to the same power it had when brand new by doing this. My 'daily-driver' Lawn-Boy, 30 years old, was bought by my wife at a yard sale for $20 cause the guy thought it was completely worn out. Cleaned the ports and muffler and she was the same as new (my mower, not my wife, that is)...
Thanks for the info. I was kinda thinking they might be mufflers. But yes I am not LB addict. Matter of fact until the Fall last year I hadn't seen but one locked up LB. The two sitting in the junk pile are both late model 4 cyclers with worn out Kohler engines

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm a LB newb. Those are huge mufflers. Where in the heck do they bolt on? You said bottom of the engine. Ok........

slomo