Greg

Lrae23

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just recently joined, I have a scagg turf tiger with a 25 hp kohler. It is model #STT61A25ch. I had it since 2006, bought it used. I just put some new parts on it and it was running ok. It started to shut off after mowing for awhile but would start right back up. I could not mow but it would run. I noticed fuse was hot. The parts I put on where tires ,rollers and a few other items but nothing electrical. I decided to go over the electical connections and I replaced the fuse holder. Now the thing will not start I turn the key and I hear a click like a relay on motor some place. The fuses are good, the battery is good I bypassed the seat safety switch with temp jumper. I think I caused the problem by not unhooking battery when I unplugged connectors to clean them, dont ask me why. I just stuck a few bucks into the machine so I have to make it work. It has 2200 hours on it. Hope I was not getting to detailed. Thanks :confused2:

Prest989

Forum Newbie
Threads
Follow the battery cable and you'll find a solenoid, test to see if you're getting current through it. I'd check all my connections if the solenoid isn't it.

Lrae23

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply, I worked on it again that night and found problems, had 2 loose/ broken connectors on 1 of the plugs and also key switch was working intermittingly. Was not even sure if I posted the problem on the forum correctly. Thanks for your time. Greg