Greetings from the still frozen north.

thirdroc17

Threads
Guess I should stop in here and say hi.

HI!

Lived here in Central Michigan all my live, still don't like the cold, but it's where roots and family are. Over the last 30 years I've had anywhere from 1 to 12 Wheel Horses. Why Wheel Horses? Because for me, they are the best! No doubt, others will find a different brand best for them. So, yup, I'm prejudice to my brand, but fully realize there are several good ones out there.

I'm in several forums and groups, help moderate some, even listed as owner in a couple. Some single brand, some multi-brand. The multi-brand ones can be fun when it comes to razzing each other about which paint color makes the best mowers.

Dale

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have to agree with you on the Wheel Horse. It looks to me that they don't make them anymore. My 312h has never let me down. We have a lot of Wheel Horses in my neighbor hood seeing we have a large Dealer in my town. The main complaint I have with my wheel horse is that the paint didn't hold up, but also I use it for snow removal and they use a lot of salt on our roads and I always have a big bank of salty snow at the end of my driveway.

thirdroc17

Threads
Red does have a tendency to fade worse than most colors. The machines kept inside all their lives do retain their color better, but, yup, they fade.

The last classic style Wheel Horse was a 315-8, it came off the assembly line on March 9, 2007. The current Wheel Horses are new style, Toro creations. In many peoples opinions, build down to a price rather than up to a standard. Something sadly true of many makes today.

Dale

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The fading red isn't a problem and I do keep it in side year around. The paint comes off and I get big rust spots. That was till I sanded it down and repainted it with rustoleum. But like I said it gets a good dose of salt when I blow snow from the end of the drive way. That salt does a number on anything. Don't know how much salt they use on the Michigan roads but in NY they use it heavy.
2007 was the last year, I didn't know that but was thinking so because I haven't been seeing any newer Wheel Horses just the new style Toro's.