Greenworks Pro 60V LMC408

shurguywutt

Threads
My neighbor has a Greenworks Pro 60V LMC408. I noticed her grass was half mowed in the front yard the other day so I asked her about it and she said her mower quit working for more than 20 minutes. She had both batteries fully charged and one of the batteries was brand new so that wasn't the issue. While I knocked out the rest of her yard in less than 5 minutes with my ZT :LOL: I told her I would take a look at it for her. Everything works fine on it but I noticed she was cutting at the middle setting when St. Aug should be cut at the highest setting. This extra load on the machine is probably making it die faster. I tested the batteries and both hold +60V after fully charging.

Not really sure what more I could check on this thing for this specific symptom but I may fart around with it in my backyard a bit and see how it cuts because I have been curious to get some 1st hand experience with one of these mystical electric mowing devices :LOL:

Any thoughts are appreciated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How sharp are the blades ?
Down here I often sharpen push mower blades to a near knife edge
It makes a massive difference to the load on the motor

shurguywutt

Threads
How sharp are the blades ?
Down here I often sharpen push mower blades to a near knife edge
It makes a massive difference to the load on the motor
I cut my backyard with it and I only used about half of the new battery. I was cutting it on the highest length setting and my grass only needed about a 1" - 2" trim. It cut well but the St. Aug had a bit of "shag" on the grass blades after being cut showing the blade probably was not as sharp as it could be.

Charlie8d

Threads
Yes, St. Augustine is tough to cut, & does not to be cut too short. The motor probably overheated & caused it to shut down. That mower is very capable of cutting her grass .

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Yes, St. Augustine is tough to cut, & does not to be cut too short. The motor probably overheated & caused it to shut down. That mower is very capable of cutting her grass .
Greenworks is commercial battery equipment. Just like Ego is residential battery equipment. I can not imagine the batteries dying that quickly if charged correctly.