gravely zt xl 48

zmister11

Threads
I would absolutely be in their showroom everyday and in their face (but in a respectful, professional way) until they make good either by providing you a properly functioning mower or giving full value that you paid towards another unit.

It might be worth it to circumvent them and calling another gravely dealer to get the name of the factory rep for your area and calling him/her and discussing your problem. However, I would make sure that you feel you've reached the end with the dealer before you do it. You may get a resolution but it will likely alienate the dealer and you will not get their cooperation willingly going forward.

Does this dealer sell any other brands that you could trade the gravely in on? If it is only Gravely they sell, then I would call the factory rep right away since it doesn't sound like you will be buying another Gravely anytime soon.

Yeah that's just it. I'm only 20 so idk if they really don't care or what. But I'm very respectful and don't wanna cause a big seen. But it needs to be resolved. And yes they also sell dixie chopper and exmarks.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
speaking from a little bigger company, but the Scag rep actually dropped one off at my shop he wanted us to switch so bad. then he was at the dealer when I picked up the first couple. long story short this dealer isn't taking you serious and is taking advantage of your age. ask him for the reps cell number (he has it) and call the rep standing there. be very specific with the problems you're having with both the dealer and the machine. they'll work with you

zmister11

Threads
speaking from a little bigger company, but the Scag rep actually dropped one off at my shop he wanted us to switch so bad. then he was at the dealer when I picked up the first couple. long story short this dealer isn't taking you serious and is taking advantage of your age. ask him for the reps cell number (he has it) and call the rep standing there. be very specific with the problems you're having with both the dealer and the machine. they'll work with you

Okay I'll do that on Wednesday my day off. Thanks

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
brother if you where in my area and I knew the dealer I'd go out of my way to help you, and get the reps number and call them with you. as a matter of fact if you get it pm me and I'll throw them under the bus at the gie next month in Louisville, Kentucky. I'd almost bet your rep will be there.

zmister11

Threads
brother if you where in my area and I knew the dealer I'd go out of my way to help you, and get the reps number and call them with you. as a matter of fact if you get it pm me and I'll throw them under the bus at the gie next month in Louisville, Kentucky. I'd almost bet your rep will be there.

Thank you I appreciate it. I'm going to go up their this evening after I trim trees. And I'll ask for the reps number and everything. If I get it I'll pm you

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Elendil could be right It might be worth it to circumvent your dealer and calling another gravely dealer, Even though it will likely alienate the dealer but so what. I look at it like this if your not getting any satisfaction on the problem from your dealer now and another can fix your problem you need to stay with the dealer that is giving you the best service friends or not.

zmister11

Threads
Elendil could be right It might be worth it to circumvent your dealer and calling another gravely dealer, Even though it will likely alienate the dealer but so what. I look at it like this if your not getting any satisfaction on the problem from your dealer now and another can fix your problem you need to stay with the dealer that is giving you the best service friends or not.

Oh yeah i totally agree. If they don't fix it then I will NOT be going back.

zmister11

Threads
So I talked to the owner today and he actually seemed really nice. He told me to drop it off tomorrow after I'm done mowing and he will personally look the mower over and test it out. He said if theirs a problem he will call gravely and see what they can do. So I can only hope that it's get fixed

gravely2548ztxl

Forum Newbie
Threads
OP- I have the same mower, a 2010 model & never had this same problem you are having until about a month ago -and this is after 3 yrs of light commercial use (that it's not designed for).
I just posted for some advice/help in the repair forum. I'm new here, BTW.
My dealer has been great to me & has worked hard to correct the cut problem, but we've run out of reason why it suddenly started cutting poorly.
It is not inherent in this mower I know that, as my next door neighbor just bought a brand new one.
Also, the ZT2548XL was discontinued a couple of yrs ago & replaced by the ZT HD, if I recall correctly.
For what that's worth....
I'd be grateful for any advice/solution anyone might have for this problem.....

zmister11

Threads
OP- I have the same mower, a 2010 model & never had this same problem you are having until about a month ago -and this is after 3 yrs of light commercial use (that it's not designed for).
I just posted for some advice/help in the repair forum. I'm new here, BTW.
My dealer has been great to me & has worked hard to correct the cut problem, but we've run out of reason why it suddenly started cutting poorly.
It is not inherent in this mower I know that, as my next door neighbor just bought a brand new one.
Also, the ZT2548XL was discontinued a couple of yrs ago & replaced by the ZT HD, if I recall correctly.
For what that's worth....
I'd be grateful for any advice/solution anyone might have for this problem.....

Yeah it's weird idk wjat the problem is yet. The dealer has my mower right now. Some of the things they tried so far Wer spacers in the blades, and aftermarket blades. I geuss the blades that came on the mower were slightly shorter but not much. But it still didn't cure my problem. If yours gets fixed then please let me know