gravely zt xl 48

gravely2548ztxl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah it's weird idk wjat the problem is yet. The dealer has my mower right now. Some of the things they tried so far Wer spacers in the blades, and aftermarket blades. I geuss the blades that came on the mower were slightly shorter but not much. But it still didn't cure my problem. If yours gets fixed then please let me know

Z- I just got off the phone w/ Gravely. They said it has to be blade tip speed. Since engine is cranking @ 3600rpm that is not the problem. They said it has to be one of 2 things:
The deck must be 1/8" to as much as 1/4" LOWER in front than at the rear.
The belt is slipping of the tensioner is not tensioning the belt properly, reducing the tip speed.
I'm not sure if this would apply to a brand new mower.....
In mine it could even be that the sheaves (spindle pulley) MAY be worn so that the belt is riding lower in the "V" of the pully thereby losing tip speed. Again that should not apply to your new one.
Seems you just got a lemon somehow, but I wouldn't give up on Gravely.
Mine's been awful good to me....

zmister11

Threads
Z- I just got off the phone w/ Gravely. They said it has to be blade tip speed. Since engine is cranking @ 3600rpm that is not the problem. They said it has to be one of 2 things:
The deck must be 1/8" to as much as 1/4" LOWER in front than at the rear.
The belt is slipping of the tensioner is not tensioning the belt properly, reducing the tip speed.
I'm not sure if this would apply to a brand new mower.....
In mine it could even be that the sheaves (spindle pulley) MAY be worn so that the belt is riding lower in the "V" of the pully thereby losing tip speed. Again that should not apply to your new one.
Seems you just got a lemon somehow, but I wouldn't give up on Gravely.
Mine's been awful good to me....

Yeah if they don't fix mine then I will never buy a gravely again. Goodluck with your mower.