Gravely zt hd has power across ignition but doesn’t turn over.

djh985

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Gravely zt hd has power across ignition but doesn’t turn over.
Gravely ZT HD has what appears to be an electrical issue. The mower started jerking then died. Now will not do anything. The ignition switch puts 12.4 volts across all legs but it won’t turn over and pto switch does not click when attempting to engage. Help.

lil SIG

Threads
Gravely ZT HD has what appears to be an electrical issue. The mower started jerking then died. Now will not do anything. The ignition switch puts 12.4 volts across all legs but it won’t turn over and pto switch does not click when attempting to engage. Help.
Sounds like you have a meter. Follow the 12.4 voltage line and see where it stops.

Seat switch? A random break in the wire? Did the PTO Clutch come off the mower underneath?

Last edited:

djh985

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like you have a meter. Follow the 12.4 voltage line and see where it stops.

Seat switch? A random break in the wire? Did the PTO Clutch come off the mower underneath?
I jumped out the safety witches to eliminate them. The PTO clutch appears fine but I am going to check voltage to it tomorrow. I don’t think that would prohibit a start but I have been wrong before.
David