Gravely ZT 2044 XL Damper question.

Mr.FT

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Gravely ZT 2044 XL that has started to act up. It appears that the right side control handle has gotten Very " Finicky or Sensitive" when using it compared to the left side. My neighbor told me it could be the hydro damper for that side. I was hoping to get some feedback on if it is, is there one for each side, if so should I have both changed?
Thank's in advance for any help.
Tom

Mr.FT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the link, did answer how many I have but trouble shooting section din't address my issue.
Thanks
Tom

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
There's one on each side of a zero-turn mower and when they fail it can cause it to operate quite erratically. It's simple to change them. They look like the piston that keeps the rear hatch or window of a hatchback car/van open. Yes, change both.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank's, for the information!
You're welcome. So the machine is acting jerking and hard to control during intricate maneuvering, almost like you're a novice and don't know how to operate it smoothly? That is indeed the typical symptom of a failed damper.

pollishpickle

Threads
My Proturn 460 had one of the lugs that hold the damper to the frame break and it was causing the same problem $2.00 part