Gravely Pro Turn 460 vs Exmark Lazer Z X 60"

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all, I'm new here, considering purchase of a new z-turn. I mow 2 ac of yard w/ a craftsman 54", and @ 4 ac of field with an old tractor weekly. The tractor has seen it's better days, as has the craftsman. I'm tired of buying residential grade every 5-6 yrs.
I'm currently looking @ the Gravely Pro Turn 460 and the Exmark Lazer Z X 60". They're both about the same price, but the Gravely has a better seat, thicker deck, larger cast iron spindles, larger casters, larger pumps. It also has lim. lifetime deck & frame warranty, the rest is 3 yr.
The Exmark seems to be favored in all the forums I've searched, has a Kohler vs Kawasaki on the Gravely. The warranty on the Exmark is 5 yr, starting in Apr '13 (effectively 5 1/2 yrs).
I went to the dealer thinking Exmark, but now the Gravely looks pretty good. Does anyone here have experience with these mowers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

hitmanharleyk

Threads
Hello all, I'm new here, considering purchase of a new z-turn. I mow 2 ac of yard w/ a craftsman 54", and @ 4 ac of field with an old tractor weekly. The tractor has seen it's better days, as has the craftsman. I'm tired of buying residential grade every 5-6 yrs.
I'm currently looking @ the Gravely Pro Turn 460 and the Exmark Lazer Z X 60". They're both about the same price, but the Gravely has a better seat, thicker deck, larger cast iron spindles, larger casters, larger pumps. It also has lim. lifetime deck & frame warranty, the rest is 3 yr. The Exmark seems to be favored in all the forums I've searched, has a Kohler vs Kawasaki on the Gravely. The warranty on the Exmark is 5 yr, starting in Apr '13 (effectively 5 1/2 yrs).
I went to the dealer thinking Exmark, but now the Gravely looks pretty good. Does anyone here have experience with these mowers? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have no experience with either, but looking at you post it seems you answered your own question.

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
I guess I did. After riding both, I bought the gravely. Just mowed my first yard w/ it- this thing is awesome!

Popeye

Threads
Where's the pics??????:confused3::confused3:

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'll post some as soon as I can

resqpink

Forum Newbie
Threads
I added some not-so great pics to my album. Really like this mower so far- cut my mowing time nearly in half!

l

Popeye

Threads
Nice machine. You'll like that one.

luvatenor

Threads
My Exmark Z-DS. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 100_0302.jpg
    100_0302.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 21

cactusjack24

Threads
Howdy, I'm an FNG myself, my son bought the gravely last year and my daughter-in-law can't keep him off of it. He mowed for a living during his collage years with a 1994 Dixon, he loved this mower until he drove the gravely, I bought the Dixon off of him and It's still cutting great.I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Howdy, I'm an FNG myself, my son bought the gravely last year and my daughter-in-law can't keep him off of it. He mowed for a living during his collage years with a 1994 Dixon, he loved this mower until he drove the gravely, I bought the Dixon off of him and It's still cutting great.I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

cactusjack24,
I like your son and the OP resqpink am a very happy owner of a Gravely(the Pro-Turn 152...several models "down" from resqpink's 460). I looked at a LOT of ZTR's before buying the Gravely, including the Dixon DX152, Bad Boy, Hustler, Toro and Husqvarna. BTW, that 1994 Dixon is a real "keeper" in that it is a "real Dixon". The new Dixons are made by Husqvarna, who bought out Dixon a few years back and are basically a Husqvarna with Dixon blue paint and decals. They are still a "good" mower, but not the quality of the "original" Dixons. I, like you, highly recommend the performance of the Gravely.

Last edited: