gravely pro stance 36 opinions

zmister11

Threads
Does any of you guys own a pro stance 36? Ive been thinking about getting one soon for backyards and small lots. They have a deal going on now for only $5800. Just wanted to hear yalls thoughts on the mower. Thanks!

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does any of you guys own a pro stance 36? Ive been thinking about getting one soon for backyards and small lots. They have a deal going on now for only $5800. Just wanted to hear yalls thoughts on the mower. Thanks!

As a user of the Stand-on mower I don't think I'd go with the Gravely if you have a lot of slopes or grades. If your using it for back yards or small lots you'd probably be ok but for slopes the center of gravity is to high for my taste. The other things I don't care for is the warranty of only 2 years and the 3100 drives. Just my thoughts.

zmister11

Threads
As a user of the Stand-on mower I don't think I'd go with the Gravely if you have a lot of slopes or grades. If your using it for back yards or small lots you'd probably be ok but for slopes the center of gravity is to high for my taste. The other things I don't care for is the warranty of only 2 years and the 3100 drives. Just my thoughts.

Yeah I wasn't sure about the 3100 drives either. But I won't need it for slopes so I think ide be OK in that department. And the price just seems really good

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah I wasn't sure about the 3100 drives either. But I won't need it for slopes so I think I'd be OK in that department. And the price just seems really good

There's nothing wrong with the drives, I just prefer the separate pumps and wheel motors. I really don't care for the 3400s I have on the Z master not that they don't do the job they just make to much dang noise, they whine to much. The gravely 36" doesn't have the integrated drives if there the 3100 either so don't be fooled by that.

I think the regular price on the 36" gravely like $7999 so the sale price isn't bad. The Grandstand is $7495 so it's a bit cheaper at regular price. The Gravely is also a bit heavier than the grandstand and has a smaller gas tank along with a bit lower BTS. The Grandstand would cost more than the gravely but you get a 5 year 1200hr warranty not a 2 year and to me that could save you a bunch of money in the long run.

If you want the gravely and you like the price go for it, it's a good mower. I'm using 2 of there ZTR mowers, A Pro turn 272 and a Pro turn 148 and they both do a good job but I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy either :laughing:

zmister11

Threads
There's nothing wrong with the drives, I just prefer the separate pumps and wheel motors. I really don't care for the 3400s I have on the Z master not that they don't do the job they just make to much dang noise, they whine to much. The gravely 36" doesn't have the integrated drives if there the 3100 either so don't be fooled by that.

I think the regular price on the 36" gravely like $7999 so the sale price isn't bad. The Grandstand is $7495 so it's a bit cheaper at regular price. The Gravely is also a bit heavier than the grandstand and has a smaller gas tank along with a bit lower BTS. The Grandstand would cost more than the gravely but you get a 5 year 1200hr warranty not a 2 year and to me that could save you a bunch of money in the long run.

If you want the gravely and you like the price go for it, it's a good mower. I'm using 2 of there ZTR mowers, A Pro turn 272 and a Pro turn 148 and they both do a good job but I don't think I'd go out of my way to buy either :laughing:

Well thank you for all the insight. I'll may try and see when toros will go on sale. I wonder how much their grandstand would be on sale for.I think the gravely has a 6 gallon tank. How many is the grandstand?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well thank you for all the insight. I'll may try and see when toros will go on sale. I wonder how much their grandstand would be on sale for.I think the gravely has a 6 gallon tank. How many is the grandstand?

The Grandstand has an 8 gallon tank, it's also 18500 BTS and weighs 756lbs, the Gravely is 18200 and 784lbs but it has the 18.5HP Engine the Toro 36 is the FS 541 15 hp which I've never found anything it wont cut yet. I will tell you one bad point about any stander you buy and that is they don't like muddy conditions, wet grass isn't a problem but if you see mud or muck like we have here if FLorida go the other way :smile:

zmister11

Threads
The Grandstand has an 8 gallon tank, it's also 18500 BTS and weighs 756lbs, the Gravely is 18200 and 784lbs but it has the 18.5HP Engine the Toro 36 is the FS 541 15 hp which I've never found anything it wont cut yet. I will tell you one bad point about any stander you buy and that is they don't like muddy conditions, wet grass isn't a problem but if you see mud or muck like we have here if FLorida go the other way :smile:

Okay great thanks. Yeah I'm in Florida too. And it's been raining A LOT lol. Thank you for the specs

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Okay great thanks. Yeah I'm in Florida too. And it's been raining A LOT lol. Thank you for the specs

Yeah Its been raining A LOT. My lawns have turned into swamps lol.

zmister11

Threads
So I had a long day today. I finally sold my old John Deere walk behind this morning so I would have enough money to buy the pro stance. And right after I sold it I got my push mower out to mow a yard and the throttle cable snapped in half.. Know one had any in stock so I had to trim 5 backyards. That hurts your back lol. After I got my yards done I bought the pro stance 36. And I couldn't be happier! I'll take some pics tomorrow. Today was just a long day.